The brain, query 4 our therapists here

Guest Learning2bCalm

Guest Learning2bCalm

Hi everyone

a question that some of our therapists (Hynosinc, OCDfighter...) might know the answers to.

I've spent the last week keeping a journal of everything that goes on in my head first thing in the morning. I've not had time or space to do this for years.........I've noticed that whilst doing it loads of new understandings about myself are made, things i'd never have worked out without this time.....

but the weirdest thing to happen is this feeling of 'movement' in my head :grin: , okay call me mad then.....but really, i feel a movement in my head, and the only thing i could think it was was blood flow changing or something....it didn't hurt, rather i suddenly felt 'above' all my problems.....It was like a mental 'lift.' and yes the feeling was in the top of my head.

I know it sounds weird, but just wondered if anyone knew what it might be....or if it's heard of....... :(

You can stop laughing now! :)

a question that some of our therapists (Hynosinc, OCDfighter...) might know the answers to.

29370[/snapback]

Neither of the two you have mentioned are regulars on here at the moment, however it should also be pointed out that even if they were, none of the advice given on here should be taken as therapy, it is merely advice and should always be checked with your own GP/Therapist, regardless of the qualifications of those giving it on here. Thats no disrespect to the two mentioned whom offer excellent advice.

Guest Learning2bCalm

thanks Ashie

apologies for the wording of my thread title, could be open to misinterpretation. That was unintentional.

I've actually read somewhere on the net that brain activity can change from certain 'therapeutic' activities...think we all know that. guess i would say add journalling to those activites :grin:

Journalling helps you to be objective about what is going on and objective about your feelings. So, it could help you to identify certain thoughts as 'OCD' rather

than realstic fears. It also can help you to see your progress and work things out.

For example, people who keep a 'food journal' can lose weight (if this is what they want) even if they are not dieting. this is because they become more aware of what they are eating. So, keeping a journal might make you more aware of your battles and successes with OCD and give you motivation to continue.

Lots of people find journalling useful, it also helps to discharge things when thoughts are going around and around. Somehow if you've written it, you can recognise more easily that you have been around this loop before.

So, carry on journalling!

Traze