A Day In The Life Of

Guest Fountainlair

Guest Fountainlair

I wake up,I am bored.

You see in this house I know the routine off by heart,nope nothing new is going to come from today.

My family move like chess pieces around me.

I relentlessley enquire

"Who touched that last?"

"Where did you put it?"

With my specific OCD living at home is a little difficult.My day doesn't flow like a "normal" persons day would,everything to do with me is turned into an event even making tea(I now have my own kettle) is a long effort maybe 25 minutes,wait a minute I think thats me trying to make toast,but eventually every little thing blurs into one, so it's hard to differentiate one thing from another.

My OCD, I suffer with intrusive sexual thoughts and the compulsions are washing,due to these thoughts, living at home is difficult to say the least.

My little dreams all wrapped up in cotton wool which I take out to sniff at, or a sneaky lick once in a while are I think acheivable,it's all down to me.I'd like to go to university in Canada,I don't know what it is with my family but my great aunty moved there by herself and my grandfather had dreams of going there, so it must be in the blood to suddenly flock north.

At the moment in college I'm taking it easy they are aware of my OCD so theres no adverse pressure put on me,no threats of being kicked out.

I've run out of steam now :(

I'm interested in how your day goes now. :)

Guest bigkeefer

Hi Suitcase,

Forgive me for saying this - but it sounds almost like perhaps people are "helping" you too much?

If they are all changing their habits to fit, give you reassurance and/or giving you too much (OCD) slack -- then I'm afraid, in the long run, you will only get worse...

But, at the end of the day (as the lovely Geri loves to keep saying :thumbup:), only WE can make the decision to fight against the tide. Even to the degree where WE ask people to stop playing along with the OCD...

Once you reach that "breaking point" and decide to attack the Imp ferociously the tide will turn my friend - and life will get better.

Keep fighting.

Hard work isn't it suitcase :)

BUT...what are you going to work on to stop that Hum Drum routine?

Maybe you could decide to stop asking for reassurance, maybe you should put the extra kettle away...I dunno, you choose....but you have to deal with this thing head on and you WILL reap the rewards :thumbup:

Guest Fountainlair

Hey I wasn'tcomplaining there

I never said I wanted to stop the "hum drum" routine

I was trying to make my life sound poetic

but hey if I came across as needy or whatever

and if people are helping me too much after 3 years of living WITH the subject that cause my OCD

and if maybe my mum buying me a kettle out of kindness so I can have a little normality

all of that should be stopped

because all the unhelpful therapists in my life who made me worse, were right?

I don't think I should post here anymore because I'm just upsetting myself

sorry

by the way I already consider my OCD as pretty ******* bad, if I do purposely make it worse as you wrote then I'm sure i'll emigrate TODAY

I know there are little things I've done which are a success for me

but if you want to make personal comments about my life,make sure you are educated about my life.

Guest bigkeefer

Hi Suitcase

Sorry if we have upset you - it was never our intention to do so. Likewise it was never our intention to make 'personal comments' which is why I used words such as "if", "sounds like" etc. I wasn't saying this is definately the case - I was saying it sounds like it from my interpretation of your words. I apologise if I got it wrong.

Rather our intention was to make comments regarding what OCD does and what it makes (all of) us do. (which is often to take the easier path at certain times)

Obviously everyone is an individual and what works for some may not work for others. All we can try and do here is try and point people in the direction that works (eventually) for 99% of OCDers in line with the general consensus of the field.

Guest Dragonfruit

Hi Suitcase

Please realise that no-one's trying to make you feel bad or anything - we just want to help any way we can

How are you doing today? :)

Hey Suitcase that beret suits you :censored:

Listen, if I've upset you...I hold up my hands :oops: :censored: Please feel free to tell me to shut up, my husband does frequently :omg:

I'm sorry you've taken offence at the replies to your post, I can assure you none was meant from me and I can be pretty certain I speak for BigKeefer as well. It's so easy to misinterpret the written word.

I can only speak for myself.....but my response is in the capacity of experiencing my first OCD issues 30 years ago...so I know a little about where you're coming from.

I think we should draw a line here and start again

We are all sufferer's here Suitcase.....we don't judge, I look forward to moving past this misunderstanding ;)