Thankyou!

Guest peaceful

Guest peaceful

:)

Thankyou so much for all your encouraging words I really appreciate all of them.

Is there anyone out there who's ocd affects their life to the point that you cannot work, drive, or carry out everyday tasks without some form of anxiety or stress as a result of the ocd.......... if so can you tell me a little of your testimony and how you deal with your ocd.

thankyou

Much appreciated! :thumbup:

Guest Beckett93

I neither work nor drive. I had extreme OCD, but have recovered a great deal. I cope with the OCD by realizing what it is and thinking of the time when I will be even better and able to go out and live the life I dream of, which will happen one day.

I wondered what it was Peaceful & Beckett, that hinders you from going out.

Is it caused by the OCD issues you have, or is it more an agrophobic problem caused by high levels of anxiety that you might suffer from.

Hope you don't mind me asking :thumbup:

Guest peaceful
I wondered what it was Peaceful & Beckett, that hinders you from going out.

Is it caused by the OCD issues you have, or is it more an agrophobic problem caused by high levels of anxiety that you might suffer from.

Hope you don't mind me asking  :thumbup:

29454[/snapback]

Hi Caramoole,

I do not mind you asking at all, Mine is; fear of being embarrased or humiliated in some way, which I think stemed from an embarrasing incident which happened when I was younger which is quite funny when I look back now but at the time I was quite traumatised by it. So I am often plagued by thoughts of worry and "what ifs" and asking my husband for reasurrance regarding my appearance i.e. do I look alright, is everything ok etc and checking and rechecking. I do not have agrophobia. ( praise God)

My stress is also about getting dressed to go out and the time it takes to shower and get ready to go out this can take an hour on a good dayand longer on other days as I have anxiety if everything is not checked to my satisfaction.

I have other ocd issues but this is the one that is the most debilitating in the sense that it deprives me of leading the quality of life I would like but we are still praying that one day soon I will be completely free of ocd and hopefully I will be able to help others to the best of my ability. :)

Guest Beckett93

I did have a problem with panic/agoraphobia once in addition to the OCD/depression, but I don't think that was keeps me from joining society. One thing is I just don't like obsessing around people. I know it's harmless, but it's a major punch to the ego at the same time. It feels so false to be looking someone in the face, acting like I'm following the conversation and laughing, after I've had a horrific thought burn through my mind. A board member gave me some good advice that I am going to try and implement regarding this. I guess a second reason would be fear of failure and how that would hurt again. I dropped out of the university over it and I know now that the reason I did so was simply anxiety, but the feeling of having failed is still there. I am scared to go back and have it happen again. I am scared to have a job and become independent only to have a severe period of OCD and not be able to work. There would be the option of disability, but I would be unwilling to take them. There is only so much money to go around and I would not want to take what someone else probably would need more. The driving is along the same lines. If I was driving and had an accident that was my fault and someone died, I would have blood on my hands If I was driving because all of a sudden I found myself willing to date and was on the way to pick up the person or was going to work to earn money because of something I wanted to buy and caused an accident where someone died, then to satisfy my own selfish desire for either companionship or possessions, I will have harmed another. Some might argue that work is necessary, but I am able to live modestly with my brother off of interest from a small amount of money given me by my grandmother. Dating isn't necessary for all the obvious reasons. I'm nearing 30 years old and have never been on a date. I'm not happy about it, but it hasn't killed me. All of that isn't probable, but it is possible. Even when I did drive all those years ago, I wasn't very good at it. I was always too scared to drive on the interstates or go over 35 mph or change lanes in traffic. I just wouldn't want to take that risk. Even if the accident was unintentional or caused by the other driver, the very fact that my selfish desire for those things mentioned above had me on the road at that particular place and that particular time would plague me. If I hadn't been so selfish, then I wouldn't have been on the road for the two cars to collide and another person would still be alive. That sort of thing. Given that billions all over the world drive, I understand that the my reasoning is taken to the extreme, but it is something that bothers me nonetheless. I hope all that doesn't sound too weird. My mother says that it makes sense in principle, but I just can't let something that isn't likely keep me from living my life. But it is always possible. I'd better stop now. I'm rambling :)