OCDs funny

Guest napo100383

Guest napo100383

Tonite i was in a pub and went to the loo there was some liquid on the toilet seat and i just wiped it of with a tissue and went about my business,,

I was thinkin to myself about how this is someones elses OCD whereas mine is will i kill myself ,worrying etc its funny how some ppl dont care about what causes others nightmares,,

Guest bigkeefer
Tonite i was in a pub and went to the loo there was some liquid on the toilet seat and i just wiped it of with a tissue and went about my business,,

I was thinkin to myself about how this is someones elses OCD whereas mine is will i kill myself ,worrying etc its funny how some ppl dont care about what causes others nightmares,,

29469[/snapback]

Isn't just napo?

And isn't it also funny that the OCD'ers who DON'T worry about contamination strangely haven't dropped dead from doing the things (for years on end) that "contam OCD'ers" dread?

And vice versa that the "contams" who don't live as such, more just exist, because of their fear of everyday events do not often, if ever, seem to worry about the things that Pure-O's worry about and yet strangely never come to any harm?

Hmm. Something for us all to learn there methinks :thumbup:

Sleep well

29469[/snapback]

I used to have a real 'thing' about loo seats. If there was anything on it - I would wipe it off (thus contaminating myself - thus loads of washing) but I had to do it because others may not notice it and could get germs.

It's really weird the thoughts that OCD conjures up - same situation, lots of different thoughts....

Howdy,

Its posts like this that should really be ocd affiriming for people out there. How many of us doubt that we have ocd because the situation feels so in touch with reality? Its good that posts like this and indeed the board provide a platform if you like to gain strategies and inspiration to get over this. Perhaps learning from other peoples experiences is just as crucial as any medication, cbt etc...

See ya

Adam

Hi Napo,

I feel exactly the same as you do, you are so right I have often used public loos and thought about how much this would affect a contamination sufferer the same with some of the dirt that I clean.

I also find it strange that we are okay and they are in a state of fear about it whereas my ocd is mainly obsessive thoughts and some rituals but nowhere near as much as it used to be. Yet I often feel sometimes for every other sufferer of ocd if i am having a bad time that its not as bad as other peoples.

Love

Tracy

x

:thumbup:

Funny indeed.

Like when I was reading about Leo DiCaprio's OCD; how he had to step on the chewing gum on the street. I thought; wtf; you're supposed to avoid them! :tongue:

OCD is a massive monster with mad variations.

What about all the normal people out there doing things I'd never ever do?

They're fine anyway.

And it's good to think like that.

Normal people are opening the fridge, pouring a glass of coke, going into the living room, turning on the tv, perhaps touching their feet (and even shoes), later they go to the toilet.... and so on and on.

I'd have washed myself several times doing all this.

But they're fine.