Long time, no see!

Guest Jalvo

Wow, I haven't posted anything since May!

Perhaps because I didn't feel the urge.

It's been an ok year. Only one serious episode I can think of when the world fell apart. And then some minor ones I could deal with all right.

I went to therapy for a while. Eventhough the therapist misunderstood the whole thing (in fact, since I went there with my girl she thought we wanted to figure out a way to deal with my OCD rather than to get rid of it), it helped a bit to just talk about it.

I've had two stays in hospital since last time. Nothing serious, but there I was exposed to the things I dread most (body liquids of all sorts). Perhaps it was good for me?

Feel ok. Still staying in, and safe, a lot. Hard to say if I am better, but I can see some small improvements now and then.

Later this year I'll move back to my home country where - at least that's what I experience on my lovely holidays there - the OCD more or less vanishes, or at least it gets severely reduced for some strange reason. Hope it'll stay like that. At least I'll get a proper therapy with a psychologist speaking my own language. It's time to get rid of the monster once and for all. :censored:

Hope I'll be a bit more active here. Hope I'll be helping more rather than whining.

Wow, I haven't posted anything since May!

Perhaps because I didn't feel the urge.

It's been an ok year. Only one serious episode I can think of when the world fell apart. And then some minor ones I could deal with all right.

I went to therapy for a while. Eventhough the therapist misunderstood the whole thing (in fact, since I went there with my girl she thought we wanted to figure out a way to deal with my OCD rather than to get rid of it), it helped a bit to just talk about it.

I've had two stays in hospital since last time. Nothing serious, but there I was exposed to the things I dread most (body liquids of all sorts). Perhaps it was good for me?

Feel ok. Still staying in, and safe, a lot. Hard to say if I am better, but I can see some small improvements now and then.

Later this year I'll move back to my home country where - at least that's what I experience on my lovely holidays there -  the OCD more or less vanishes, or at least it gets severely reduced for some strange reason. Hope it'll stay like that. At least I'll get a proper therapy with a psychologist speaking my own language. It's time to get rid of the monster once and for all. :censored:

Hope I'll be a bit more active here. Hope I'll be helping more rather than whining.

29633[/snapback]

Hiya jalvo!

Welcome back! Good to see you around again, and also that there have been some improvements since you last posted. That's always good to hear ;)

Sorry to hear that you were in hospital twice though. That can't have been good OCD or not, though - but like you say sometimes a bit of exposure to the things you fear most can do you good in the long run :censored:

Keep posting, let us know how you're getting on and take good care of yourself.

Love from Queenie

x

Thanks!

:thumbup:

Ah, the hospital visit. Hehe. What an experience! The great (not!) thing was that my operation, or at least the preparation for it, involved me being forced to go to the toilet several times AND to shower after every visit; all this using a, argh, public bathroom in the hospital's corridors. Could it have been better? :thumbup:

And then all the nurses dealing with blood tests, urine tests.... then dealing with you. Drops of blood on bed sheets. Clothes. Sharing toilet with your room mate. Hospital is not a nice place.

But, sure, something good came out of it. Don't know about dealing with other people's body liquids (perhaps slightly?), but earlier I had to be "sterile" back there after every toilet visit. After some months of treatment which made this impossible to a degree, I now deal with it more like a normal person.

Enough about that - I'll spare you the details. Hehe.

Well. It's good to be back here. Makes me think and it gives me a push in the right direction when I read all your posts.

I read Ashie's great success article yesterday, and eventhough I have never been that extreme, but being quite comfortable with 10-15 minute showers and just washing my clothes, it gave me a kick and I instantly started experimenting. Nothing great, but a few tiny steps like not washing my hands after closing the window, opening the fridge, using the phone or the coffee can. It felt quite nice actually. Continued today.

Soon I can take a further step to the next level hopefully.

Yep. It's good to be back!

:thumbup:

I instantly started experimenting. Nothing great, but a few tiny steps like not washing my hands after closing the window, opening the fridge, using the phone or the coffee can. It felt quite nice actually. Continued today.

Soon I can take a further step to the next level hopefully.

Yep. It's good to be back!

29699[/snapback]

It's good to see you back!!

The things you mention may only seem to be tiny steps, but in fact each is a major step in the right direction and as you make more and more of these steps, so your life will become easier to cope with.

Well done, you!!! :mad:

whitebeam