Are these symptoms?

Guest Fountainlair

Guest Fountainlair

Hello,

I was wondering if these were symptoms of anxiety, has anyone experienced any of these symptoms?

I've had feelings of heavyheadness with a lightness in the chest

and feelings of I'm going to faint or that I immediately need to sit down

they're quite scary

I'm going through some emotionally trying times right now

Thanks

Hello suitcase

I think everyone experiences anxiety in their own unique way, although it is true to say there are some fairly standard symptoms like sweating and palpitations. Certainly I can identify with the lightness of the chest you mention. I too can feel a bit faint and I think that's also to do with my blood pressure dropping. In itself low blood pressure is actually quite a healthy state to be in, but it does have the drawback of making you a little dizzy and light, especially if you stand up too quickly.

I think the way to determine if your symptoms are anxiety related is to keep a log of when they come on. If it's in response to a particalarly stressful event then its odds on it is going to be anxiety related.

I know I do some very practical things like slow my breathing and make positive affirmations (eg it is all going to be OK) in order to overcome my anxiety. You really need to find something which will help you to overcome these symptoms, whether it be relaxation techniques or occupying your mind with something.

There is no doubt that psychological symptoms do have an impact upon your physical state as mind and body are physiologically linked. So my feeling is that your symptoms are anxiety related. But of course if they persevere or become any worse, it is always advisable to get checked out physically. The trick then is to accept the docs opinion and not become obsessive about seeking reassurance. A very fine line to tread!!

Catherine :censored: