im not so rubbish after all

Guest gemgem

i enrolled at uni yesterday, it was quite difficult to choose my lessons and i was a bit peeved that my OCD dictated what i could choose (i can only do one lesson a day because of the toilet situation) but anyway, ive got one on tuesday afternoon, one on thursday afternoon and one on wednesday evening which suits fine- im doing- TV Drama Theory, Writing TV Drama and Writing Radio Drama, and next term ill do poetry and prose. :)

welll, of course im already planning a drama about OCD, of course, ''write what you know'' and all that....

well, anyway, when i was there thre was a stall about the Students Union and i went to ask about the paper coz i do some cartoons but so far just my bloke and a close mate has seen them coz my self-doubt covers most of what i do and im very paranoid that people will say they like it and then laugh behind my back at me

well i took the plunge and showed some cartoons to the guy at the table who promised to pass them on to the editor and guess what?

i got a text an hour later asking if they could go in the next paper and it turns out its distributed throughout greater Manchester's universities.

:D so turns out im not so bad after all :D

Guest ScottOCDid

Nice one, gemgem!!!!!!

You really deserve this boost and it's great to hear how positive you're feeling.

You're successfully demonstrating how you can enjoy your life in spite of OCD and, like the others, I'm really proud of you.

Take care,

Scott

:)

PS - you'll need to show us some of your cartoons if you get access to a scanner at Uni!

Well done Gemgem. :wallbash: I'm really pleased that your self esteem is going up. I was really feeling for you not so long ago and I'm glad that some good stuff is happening for you now. You really deserve it. Just have faith in yourself. :wallbash:

Guest lilyelspeth
welll, of course im already planning a drama about OCD, of course, ''write what you know'' and all that....

30218[/snapback]

Congrats! That is so wonderful. It really is true that you just won't know until you try! It feels great to have something published, doesn't it? :wallbash:

Regarding the above, I'm writing a book about my experiences as well. I don't know if anything will ever come of it but it certainly helps to get it all out!