No meds

Guest lilyelspeth

Guest lilyelspeth

I can't get medicine for my OCD/Depression, does anyone have advice on how to cope when you need meds but can't get them? I mean, I certainly can't regulate the chemicals in my brain!!!!!! :D:wallbash:

Guest lilyelspeth

Hi, sorry you are having difficulties when it comes to getting medication -may I ask why you are unable to get any medication?

I have no health insurance, just got a job after a year of looking for one, etc. I'm even contemplating moving out of my country to get proper healthcare.

Is there a Wal-Mart in your town? because they have a $4 plan so your doctor can try to send the meds there. If not, then try to see if you can get a generic version of your meds because that is a bit cheaper.

To cope without meds, you can try to use a rubber band and then put it around your wrist, and when you catch yourself backsliding, stretch and release it. Thats a tactic my first OCD doctor said can work.

Edited by Guest
Guest lilyelspeth

Is there a Wal-Mart in your town? because they have a $4 plan so your doctor can try to send the meds there. If not, then try to see if you can get a generic version of your meds because that is a bit cheaper.

To cope without meds, you can try to use a rubber band and then put it around your wrist, and when you catch yourself backsliding, stretch and release it. Thats a tactic my first OCD doctor said can work.

Well, that would help, but I do not shop at Wal-Mart. It's a matter of principle. Which is ridiculous of me, especially in this situation. But I am sticking to my convictions on this one. I did some research and a grocery near me does the same program, however, the meds I was prescribed are not part of the program. I have a great combo of drugs now and I was benefiting greatly until last year when I couldn't afford them any longer.

Try to find a generic version of your meds then. they should have atleast one generic version...their like the same meds but cheaper. But if you dont want to ge the generic version, or cant, then try the rubber band thing i suggested and see if that helps.