felt like talking

Guest Brainstrain

Guest Brainstrain

Hello everyone

Just felt like talking to someone! I'm not having exact pure o thoughts tonight but just feel really uneasy and tense as if something is about to happen and want to cry but can't. Had to check out my window a few times when I got out of the bath cos I felt that someone must have been watching me but there were no strange cars but still had to keep checking. Felt really scared in the bath as that is where I sometimes get a lot of thoughts just don't know what to do with myself! Not a lot for you lot to reply to here but I just felt like writing down how I was feeling - sorry you had to read it!

Brainstrain :wontlisten:

Guest Smudger
Just felt like talking to someone!  I'm not having exact pure o thoughts tonight but just feel really uneasy and tense as if something is about to happen and want to cry but can't. 

30447[/snapback]

I get that all the time-it's my personal little theory that (and I'm basing this on you saying you weren't really obsessing tonight, and my experiences with similar) that as ocd sufferers we spend a great deal of our time living with the crushing feeling of anxiety all around us-it's almost our 'normal state' if you like.

When we start to feel ok, it's an alien feeling to us, so that provokes the anxiety again-the change from what is normal for us provokes our brain to scan for the threat, the thing that has caused this unusual feeling. Basically, what I'm trying to suggest is that when you have a 'normal' moment, it's so completely what we are not used to, that it makes everything feel unusual and different. I kow what I'm trying to say, just can't seem to make it clear!

Hi Brainstrain and others,

I get that all the time-it's my personal little theory that (and I'm basing this on you saying you weren't really obsessing tonight, and my experiences with similar) that as ocd sufferers we spend a great deal of our time living with the crushing feeling of anxiety all around us-it's almost our 'normal state' if you like.

When we start to feel ok, it's an alien feeling to us, so that provokes the anxiety again-the change from what is normal for us provokes our brain to scan for the threat, the thing that has caused this unusual feeling. Basically, what I'm trying to suggest is that when you have a 'normal' moment, it's so completely what we are not used to, that it makes everything feel unusual and different. I kow what I'm trying to say, just can't seem to make it clear!

I know what you're trying to say Smudger. :mad: Exactly.

Alpha

Guest Brainstrain
Just felt like talking to someone!  I'm not having exact pure o thoughts tonight but just feel really uneasy and tense as if something is about to happen and want to cry but can't. 

30447[/snapback]

30454[/snapback]

Thanks Smudger (and others who replied!)

Your theory does make sense actually! I tried telling the other half that I just felt scared but he can't comprehend that I didn't know what I was scared of! Which I suppose is why I wanted back up from my fellow ocd-ers! Thank you for replying and lets hope we just start getting more 'normal' moments so that our brains can recognise it more easily and not still maintain the anxiety!

Thanks Brainstrain

:mad:

(Don't know why I picked this emoticon - maybe cos I would love to run away from my brain!!!!!)

Hi Brainstrain,

As you can see from this thread and few others from a while back this kind feeling anxious when having normal feelings is pretty common. It has happened to me loads of times. The knack to controlling it is not letting it spiral out of control. I cant remember how many times i have let a good day or a good couple of hours turn into something so bad because of my ocd. That said it is beatable if you develop the skill of recognising that it is just your ocd.

Adam

Guest Brainstrain

Hello Adam and everyone else!

Thanks for your replies. I have begun to be quite good at combatting the actual pure o thoughts by doing the 'it's just ocd' thing - only since I have found this site though! It's just when I get the overwhelming undefinable anxiety that it annoys me. For example something little upset me four hours ago and since then I have just been bursting into tears regularly and I can't say why - and no it isn't the time of the month! At least when it is an exact thought I can say, no that's ocd, but when it just a vague feeling I don't know how to argue with it to make it go away! Sorry to moan and thanks again for your replies! Is this still ocd or just because I am in a mood or something?

Brainstrain :wallbash:

It's probably OCD and a low mood caused by the OCD/anxiety/depression and a need to be who we were (are)

Try relabelling......This too is OCD, trying to attack with a different hat on...I can get over this, it is OCD and I've moved beyond this!

Good Luck Brainstorm.....you can get beyond this...just beware that OCD try's to change its identity, it's a bit like a Firewall, you have to keep hitting the 'Deny access' button

Better Days to you :wallbash:

Guest Brainstrain
It's probably OCD and a low mood caused by the OCD/anxiety/depression and a need to be who we were (are)

Try relabelling......This too is OCD, trying to attack with a different hat on...I can get over this, it is OCD and I've moved beyond this!

Good Luck Brainstorm.....you can get beyond this...just beware that OCD try's to change its identity, it's a bit like a Firewall, you have to keep hitting the 'Deny access' button

Better Days to you :hug:

30598[/snapback]

Thanks Caramoole, that's a good analogy I'll have to rememeber that one! Managed to make myself feel a bit better but mainly because we are probably moving and have found a house so I have just made myself focus on that and get all carried away in the hope of distracting my brain for a while! Hope you are all feelilng ok!

Brainstrain