am i in control

Guest cilla930

Guest cilla930

hello all :) i havn,t posted for quite awhile as since xmas i had been doing really well, i had been in to see the posts but did,nt feel the need to post ,that was until today.

had to go see gp for a repeat of meds ,but saw a different gp ,he asked me how i was doing i said ok and then he said are you having any funny thoughts at the mo ,to which i replied of course i am (i have ocd pure o silly man)to which he then said their not bothering you though are they ,and it was at this point that i did,nt want to go into how ocd ppl go through stages of when they bother you then times when your doing ok.

well that set me off and my mind went into overdrive and the ocd kept throwing all these thoughts at me until it found the 1 that would really get me going.

:) now a year ago i needed to go see dentist for a filling ,unfortunatly as i was late due to traffic he would,nt see me ,but at the time my ocd was bad and the thought passed me of what if the dentist planted a bug in my mouth,of course i freaked but it passed until today, when ocd flashed it by me and it stuck,but this time it was more intense as since that last time i have had it done.

this time the thought was more intense and it is now saying what if a device was put in to control my mind ,which with suffering with pure o is frightening as its saying to me if i was to do some of the awful things i think of then its not me its the device controlling me and im freaking out big time.

of course anxiety took over and i was having all the yes but what if , then a thought struck me which must of came from my sane side telling me hang on a minute nothing like that has been invented so even if a bug was there theres no way it can control your mind as there is nothing that can do that.

but even with this im still freaking big time what if i did do something as my mind kept saying i can,t stop it as its not me doing it im being controled .

please any advice or support would certainly be appreciated as this is really causing me pain, and also has any1 else had anything simuliar.

cilaxxx

Guest cerenbrackston

Dear cila,

Its nice to hear that u have been doing well..please please dont take serious of Ocd thoughts.Because they are not real.Brain is sending false messages and try to recognise them they are ocd not me,its chemical inblance and try to focus something else.

Dont find with these thoughts,u will make yourself frustrated only let them come and recognize them they are ocd not me its chemical inblance in the brain.and focus something else..

no need to be frightened becuase u know that they are not real dear..

only ocd making you tricks and try to do your dailiy activities with ignoring them.

take care and keep writing here..

Hi,

i've had similar thoughts to what you have described in the past. when these thoughts pop up in my head i often find them the scariest to deal with, but with some relaxation techniques and telling yourself that it is just the ocd talking, i find that things get a bit better.

i know i haven't exactly given any useful advice or anything, but just wanted to reassure you that you are not alone in having thoughts like this!

take care and hope these feelings pass soon...

H x :thumbup: