Job interview

Guest SHY

I've got a job interview this friday (2 days time) which i need so badly because the money i'm getting at the moment isn't covering my bills. I know i'm just making myself get all excited about it and i won't get the job and will end up being so unhappy. I really don't want to have to get another job but i am very scared that i won't get it either.

I don't want to feel so down on myself like this but i really can't help thinking i'm just a failiure and i can't get a job that will eventually make me happy.

I guess i just need some reasurance... :)

SHY.

Hi there SHY

First of all, that's great news you've got a job interview - and a chance of earning some more money.

Ok, I'm not pretending to be an expert on interviews by a long shot, but I always used to feel like you did before them. I felt that I wasn't sure whether I wanted a new job - but didn't want to stay in my old one.

As much as it might cause you stress and anxiety, sometimes it's the best thing to just go in there and do it!

The very fact that you're in a job already and managing to hold it down means that you're most definitely not a failure. Not at all. Please don't think like that! Also, the fact you've been picked for an interview means that the employers obviously liked you and were impressed with your CV/application form. You've obviously got the right skills to do the new job.

Look on it as a challenge, I can't tell you that everything will work out ok for you, but just know that we're rooting for you to do well and I'm sure you will!

Take care and let us know how you get on!

Love from Queenie

xx

I guess i just need some reasurance... 

No you don't shy........what you need is the power of positive thinking :whistling: . Whatever you do, please do not approach the interview with a negative attitude as it will come across during the interview. Just be yourself, be honest and focus on all your positve points............don't argue, you do have them :lol: . I'd write a list of all the things you want the interviewers to know about you including your skills, personality and ability to do the job. I've interviewed hundreds of people for jobs and it is so refreshing when someone comes in and really impresses you with their enthusiasm and willingness to do the job. Nothing cocky or OTT, just genuine, honest and straight talking.

If you can, get a pal to ask you some mock questions just to get into the way of answering positively. Another important factor is to get your body language spot on. Literally walk tall, don't fidget, maintain eye contact even if you are struggling with a question. Around 70% of communication depends on your body language and how you say things is actually more important than what you say. Also, I have no problem if a candidate asks me to repeat a question or even says they don't fully understand it. Far better that than to give a totally irrelevant and bad answer.

Try and show some initiative say by having a question or two to ask the interviewers. It's fine to write these down.

i won't get the job and will end up being so unhappy

:wontlisten:

You can do it, and if it's not this one then it will be another, but you absolutely must think positively about it all :)

Good luck :thumbup:

Catherine

Ok just got in from the interview and i actually felt excited not nervous before i went in. We had a really long chat and a little joke about and i'm feeling very positive. I can't help thinking that i haven't got it but i think thats just me trying not to get myself too excited incase i do get let down.

I practised loads of questions and prepared answers which made me feel confident and thanks to you guys i went in there feeling good about myself.

SO THANK YOU EVERYONE!

shy :) mwah xx

p.s will let you know next week if i get it.

Ok just got in from the interview and i actually felt excited not nervous before i went in. We had a really long chat and a little joke about and i'm feeling very positive. I can't help thinking that i haven't got it but i think thats just me trying not to get myself too excited incase i do get let down.

I practised loads of questions and prepared answers which made me feel confident and thanks to you guys i went in there feeling good about myself.

SO THANK YOU EVERYONE!

shy  :D  mwah xx

p.s will let you know next week if i get it.

31383[/snapback]

SHY

Just to say WELL DONE! :)

I'm so pleased you did it, and whatever happens you've put yourself in an awkward situation and survived it - which is a really positive and fab thing.

You did really really well! :thumbup:

Take care of yourself - chill out tonight, you've earned it!

Love from Queenie

xx

I can't help thinking that i haven't got it but i think thats just me trying not to get myself too excited incase i do get let down.

31383[/snapback]

You know, every normal person thinks like this. And as you say; it's better with a positive surprise than a smack in the face. In the unlikely case of the latter, at least you were a bit prepared. Too high expectations are never good.

Well done and good luck. Let's hear how it goes.

:thumbup: