Sorry - needed a rant!!

I have my appraisal at work this afternoon

Ross and I are taking the piggies to the vet whilst we are away

Ross and I are driving to Edinburgh

Ross and I are staying in a hotel

Ross and I are flying down South

Ross and I are staying with my parents for almost a week

And then we have to do the reverse journey again

Everything is freaking me out hugely and it all seems toooooooooooo much at the moment.

I really want to go - and I really want to see everyone again but I'm having a fairly big panic attack right now.

:help:

Guest cilla930

hi dragon,cilla here i know exactly how u feel ,last summer we went to florida and on the lead up to it all my ocd fears and anxiety were really bad,but i went never been on a plane in my life and wham did a 10 hr flight and i have to say wot a brill 2 weeks i had ,and on my return i felt so proud of myself for not letting this ocd ruin things.

you go and have a good time

cillaxxxx

Hi DF,

You do seem to have so much happening at the moment! It's not surprising you are feeling a bit panicky. However, try to stay calm and focus on how nice it will be for you. Try not to let the anxiety get the better of you and hopefully you'll be fine. Good luck with everything.

Patsyx

Everything is freaking me out hugely and it all seems toooooooooooo much at the moment.

I really want to go - and I really want to see everyone again but I'm having a fairly big panic attack right now.

31224[/snapback]

The anticipation is always worse than the eventuality.

Hope your appraisal goes OK (I'm sure it will :wontlisten: ) and hope you have a great stay at your parents.

Take care

whitebeam

Yep,

Ditto everyone else. Perhaps we should demand that you tell us just how much a good time you had whilst away to show that anxiety is future based and usually doesnt come to very much!!

Have and fun and take care

Adam

To me a holiday is usually, to a degree, a holiday away from OCD as well.

Ok, I hate hotels and airports (and I'm not too keen on flying either).

But as they say; when everything is contaminated nothing is contaminated. So it's always turning out just fine.

Hope it will for you as well. I guess so. :wontlisten:

Have a nice trip!

:whistling:

Guest ScottOCDid
Sorry - needed a rant!!

...Everything is freaking me out hugely and it all seems toooooooooooo much at the moment.

31224[/snapback]

Hi DF,

Guess I'm too late with this post because you'll have left... but I hope your appraisal went well and that you're beginning to enjoy being away.

31224[/snapback]

I sympathise big-time; these are the very occasions on which we need to force ourselves to just go for it. Hopefully this will ring true with you this time because all too often, the stress is in the anticipation rather than the event itself.

Hope you enjoy a great break.

S

:grin:

Guest Dragonfruit

Hhhhmmm - OK - first of all THANK YOU for all your messages!! Most appreciated.

I calmed down a lot before we were due to go away and was actually looking forward to it.

However, we didn't go.

We had to postpone (not cancel) the trip until next month cos my fiance got an interview invitation for yesterday and as we weren't scheduled to fly back til today he would have missed it if we'd gone.

However - the next trip is booked and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thank you all for your support - much appreciated.

Appraisal was - um - interesting! It took 3 hours and we still didn't really finish. I'm waiting to see what the end (written) result is before I decide on anything - but it could be that I have a fight on my hands depending on what is mentioned about the OCD - will keep you posted!

Anyway - just wanted to say thank you all again - I will remember your words next month and will hopefully remain relatively calm!

Sorry to hear you had to postpone your trip (especially after all your worrying!!! - though it was great you were looking forward to it in the end.

Hope your fiance's interview went well; it's typical isn't it that the two coincided?

Anyway, hope you enjoy this weekend with all the visitors from down South. I hope they're on their best behaviour :dry: .

Take care

whitebeam

PS I don't know if he managed to find you, but Ashie was trying to get hold of you yesterday.