feel horrible!!!!

Guest sylvia

Hi I am so glad I can post on here thanks to all of you for your support!! I am having a bad month lol...... I have been so anxious lately can't figure out why I just need some relief I know I certainly obsess about everything!!! I think my biggest problem is this, I don't feel comfortable all the time at home alone with my son. I know I would never want to harm him and I never would but I can't get past this!!!!! I have posted this in the past, I don't like to post this I have been wanted to, just finally got enough courage!! I don't have any specific thoughts I am dwelling on, I just feel really uneasy and anxious I feel so guilty and I just want to be the best mom!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt so nervious earlier and I am almost in tears about this I just want to not worry and don't understa,nd this!!!!! I have had this for years and it has faded for a while just to replace with some other fear but how do we rid of all of them????????????????? I was trying to think back yestereday when I didn't have all these stupid obsessions I really don't want to pass this on to my children, the worries!!!!!!! I can see my older son having some of my traits and I feel so guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just sitting here in tears I hate this stuff!!!!!!!!! I try to keep myself busy to forget it but I don't want to run I want to enjoy life with my family!!!

Hi sylvia,

Sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you at the moment - I hope that you will feel a bit better soon.

I find my own OCD has ups and downs - it doesn't necessarily need a trigger but seems to wax and wane at will.

I don't have any specific thoughts I am dwelling on, I just feel really uneasy and anxious I feel so guilty and I just want to be the best mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31378[/snapback]

I sometimes feel on edge for no apparent reason - just worried, anxious and guilty - again I put it down to a 'down' period in my OCD.

I'm sure you're a really good mom who really loves her kids; and I'm sure they can feel that love.

I really don't want to pass this on to my children, the worries!!!!!!! I can see my older son having some of my traits and I feel so guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31378[/snapback]

You may not pass any OCD traits on to your children but, in the worse case scenario, at least you will recognise it and be able to seek help early in order to 'nip it in the bud'; also you would understand their fears and feelings.

I don't want to run I want to enjoy life with my family!!!

31378[/snapback]

I guess that's what we all want. Make the most of the good times you have with your family, and endure the times when OCD comes to spoil things; try to fight it (I know - easier said than done) and hopefully you will have more time when you enjoy your family life and less putting up with OCD.

Take care

whitebeam

Hi and thankyou Whitebeam actually I am feeling a bit better I think I was having a panic attack!!!!! I love my children more than life and thats why I think I am so scared!!! I have been through lots of rough times I just don't know why when the thought return why they seem so scary!!!!!!! I have read lots of books so I have lots of info just need to use the tools!!!!! Thanks you so much for your support hope you are great!!!

I have read lots of books so I have lots of info just need to use the tools!!!!!

Hi Sylvia,

Sorry to see that you have been having not such a good time of it. But from looking at your second post you seem to be weathering it all rather well. Keep on doing that!!

I've included your quote in this post (first time i have ever done this so may come out wrong). For me this is also a tough area. I've read some great books such as Brainlock, and this has helped me immensly. But there is certainly a fine art to making it part of your everyday life. I guess practice makes perfect, but perhaps you should keep in mind for these bad times that YOU have read a lot of very helpful information, and YOU do know what needs to be done to perhaps lessen the intensity of your ocd and that YOU are aware of some of the tools you have for coping.

I guess what i am trying to say is that in these bad moments why not take a little bit of time out to try and practice your coping mechanisms? Granted this may not be possible in some places, but when you are at home do you think this may be possible? When i feel panicky and anxious and obsessive i do try this. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. But as i said earlier practice makes perfect!!

Take care

Adam