Thanks for reasurance!

Guest Pure Heaven

Guest Pure Heaven

Hi All,

Thanks to the people who replied to my last post.

I have now had my first consult with a physciatrist and it went extremely well. :)

I talked and talked and talked! Felt that a huge weight had not been entirely lifted but shared. My therapist, Emma, was great. I felt very at ease talking to her.

To start with she has changed my anti-depressants to Seroxat and is booking me in for CBT. Looking after my terminally ill father will make things much more difficult, he has to take precedence, so CBT might be better for me later. Bereavement counselling will be a priority when the time comes. I feel happy to wait a while longer to get on top of the OCD. After 20 yrs a few more weeks/months won't make much difference. I feel so proud just to get the ball rolling. It is also great to know that there are people out there that will take the time to help and chat. Many thanks.

Take care,

Very chuffed Pure Heaven! :blushing:

I'm really pleased that the consultation went well and that you felt comfortable and at ease with your therapist, hopefully this is a major step for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your Father, it is very stressful when parents are ill, especially when it is terminal. I think you are wise to take things a step at a time and deal with the CBT as and when you feel is the right time.

Remember to look after yourself as well :blushing:

Take Care