Question for all ????

Guest Dennis912

Guest Dennis912

Hi Everyone,

I have a question: What does having OCD mean to you:

I have been thinking lately and I think I use it as a crutch, "meaning"..

I have very little compulsions it's the horrible thoughts that get me...

When I am having these thoughts I make myself feel better by saying it's OCD not me, I know alot of people do this..

Now with saying that, how many people make themselves feel better by saying that. Can I be hurting myself in the long run by dwelling on the OCD part and not trying to get over these thoughts, seeing the real reason i'm having these thoughts - bad job, relationship problems, money problems ect..

i'm not saying any of those apply to me but: there has to be a reason for these thoughts, I know i'm not gonna hurt my wife or my dog ( is the latest thought )..

Maybe i'm looking for an answer thats not there :) ....

Can anyone relate to what i'm saying, or i'm I nuts like i've thought for awhile

Dennis.. :blushing:

Guest ScottOCDid
Can anyone relate to what i'm saying, or i'm I nuts like i've thought for awhile

Dennis.. :blushing:

31496[/snapback]

Hi Dennis,

'Course you're not nuts - it's just that big ol' thorn in the side: OCD.

I'm not sure about the "what does it mean to me?" question; I've lived with OCD all of my life (although I'm very much better at managing the condition these days - can't claim that it's completely gone though) so for me, it's just always been there.

Cheers,

Scott :)

Guest cerenbrackston

First of all Dennis i want to say that u are not alone i have been through with these thoughts and i keep telling myself it is Ocd thats not you...I think it takes time to fade away these thoughts.I feel like i am nut and out of control or fear in my heart but these are related with ocd..the only way we can do is keep our mind occupied and it will be nice thoughts waiting for us..

Ocd is to me like trick machine..try to make tricks to belive it and makes you nervous,panicky,anxiety,restless and mild depression.never loose hope,keep carry and keep telling yourself its not me ,its ocd and chemical imbalance in my brain and try to focus something.

we will beat this.TOGETHER!!!!KEEP WRITING HERE...

Take care :blushing:

What does it mean to me? A heap of problems and :lol: :censored: and :censored:!!!!

It's good to make OCD into another character. It's not you!

I usually scream out loud to THE (not MY - heck it's not mine, it's something else I DON'T want; some evil :censored: messing up my life) OCD when I have to give in.

When I succeed I mock him loudly (HAHA you fool, I got you now you :censored:). And it feels SO great!

So, what I mean is; make that OCD into a :censored: up monster messing with your mind. Scream to him, give him :censored: and it'll make you satisfied.

And it works!

Try to make him into a character with a name and all. And give him :censored: whenever you feel like it.

Sorry about all this :censored:, but it feels good. :)

That's a lot of :lol: :censored::censored: Jalvo :omg: :censored:

You've got to forget the deeper meaning Dennis, you can't rationalise OCD...it just IS.

Would you berate someone with epilepsy because their brain worked in a particular way and caused fits, or someone with dyslexia, or autism or a diabetic because their pancreas didn't work the same way as most...the answer is a big, fat resounding NO!

If the research is to believed (and with MRI scans etc there's no reason not to) those with OCD have a brain that reacts in an over sensitive way. It's a bit like having a consumer unit fitted with an MCB + RCD and the electric keeps tripping off...could be the kettle, the washing machine, the shower...often it's just the tiniest blip in some appliance. We've got an over sensitive statt!!

Re-labeling isn't ignoring or passing the buck about real problems like money, job, relationship probs...it's simply acknowledging that our anxiety reaction is excessive and illogical....the real life problems remain 'despite' OCD and still need addressing.

The whole OCD thing is often unfathomable and it's so bizarre that we often end up thinking 'It's not OCD, it's me' :censored:

That, no matter how plausible it seems, isn't true!