feeling anxious/worried 100% of the time

Guest j julie

Guest j julie

hi all,

I seem to feel anxious and worried 100% of the day but about nothing, i just feel on edge and worried/anxious.

and this obviously makes me feel down, i was just wondering really if anyone else feels anxious all the time??

thanks. :clover:

Hi j julie

Unfortunately anxiety is part of the OCD package and it's very hard to separate how the two work. I think what you're describing is the kind of generalised anxiety which you just constantly feel and it almost becomes habitual and unconscious. I know I sometimes find myself holding my breath and have to make myself breath because I'm holding onto so much tension.

One way of dealing with it is to try and become consious of when you feel anxious and what your breathing is like. Just try and bring yourself down by taking nice regular breaths, although not too deep as you could get a bit dizzy. There are some very good courses/classes in anxiety management and it may be worthwhile checking any in your area out. Not only do health services run them, but also ordinary day/evening classes. This may help a bit.

It is a horrible feeling and very draining, but I'd try natural ways of managing your anxiety rather than sedatives if you possibly can.

Take care

Catherine :clover:

Guest twoshoes

Gnawing anxiety, because it just keeps on. :dry:

I used to get this alot some days would just be wake up feel anxious, have panic attack, spend about 4-5 hours feeling anxious then another attack on and on...

I have had two panic attacks in the last month and I still have the anxiety but I can deal with it, it goes quickly and I don't feel like **** all day.

I have been having clinical Hypnotherapy and this is the only thing that I have tried that has helped. It helps me feel more relaxed and more confidence. I don't know if it is helping my OCD directly but I am able to challenge the OCD because i am stronger and more confident.

The hynotherapy for me is like a very restful cat nap but I am still aware of everything thatis going on around me. The relaxation and stress/anxiety management classes seem to teach very similar techniques to the hypnotherapy.

i would see you GP and ask for a recomendation an where to get these type of classes because this type of relaxation has helped me greatly.

take care

Twoshoes

Guest j julie

hi,

ive had hypnotherapy before but i couldnt relax enough, whilst i had my eyes shut i just kept thinking of others things, i couldnt consentrate.

I am going to see if my dr could put me on to cbt, im having therapy at the mo but i dont think its working, my therapist seems to want to come to the underlying reason, but there isnt one, my anxiety started through looking after a violent autistic man,

thanks for you help and replies.

take care :grin:

Guest Dennis912

Hey guys,

I don't know how you guys feel about medication, but i'm in the same boat as

you guys are in.. I take 0.25mg of xanex when i'm feeling like that and it knocks

it out in 20 or so minutes..

Guest cerenbrackston

hi dears

I have the mild anxiety as well..especially when i am getting responsibilities..thats why i cant work at the moment its not stabled..it keeps changing and i hate that feeling..it will dissappear i know about that in time..i also use when i am so anxiesious natural remedies like Bach Rescue Remedy (Rescue Remedy combines these five Bach Flower Remedies and can be used to help you cope with immediate everyday situations such as going to the dentist, interviews, making a complaint or wedding day nerves. It can also help in times of crisis or trauma such as bereavement, a relationship breakdown or redundancy.) also i am on medication as well called mirtazapine 30mg.

But anxiety due with the ocd definately cause this tablet dont cut my ocd so the anxiety follows really..terrible..but it will pass i know

just dont loose the hope..keep going and face your fears.. :lol2:

thats why i cant work at the moment its not stabled..it keeps changing and i hate that feeling

This is why I feel I can't work at the moment either - I'm always so up and down. One minute I'm ok and can pretty much handle things, the next I would be sat in the loo with my head in my hands.

Guest Brainstrain

Hi J Julie

Just to say I know how you're feeling with the feeling on edge thing all of the time. In a way I sometimes find this harder to cope with than the thoughts because since coming on this site I have been finding ways of keeping the thougts at bay as now most of the time I can see that is just the ocd. But with the feeling anxious I can't find a specific way of getting rid of it as it isn't a definate 'thing' is it? Not like an actual thought but more of a general feeling. Anyway, not very helpful but just thought I'd let you know I know how you're feeling.

Brainstrain :thumbup:

Guest j julie

thanks brainstorm,

thats how i feel too, i used to get horrible thoughts alot but then when i found this site and understood it more they mostly all went away, the odd ones now and again, but i always have this anxiety feeling, although sometimes its low and sometimes it feels out of control and i feel i dont know what to do with myself to get rid of it.

Horrible isnt it....

you seem to feel the same as me with the feeling anxious all the time.

thanks. :hug:

Guest whirlwind

Julie

I used to feel anxious all the time seemingly for no reason - i think it becomes habit - but with CBT ,relaxation and distraction techniques - that gradually went away just leaving the thoughts to cope with and they gradually got easier to cope with - until now - as I have a stressful situation I am living with at the moment all the out of control thoughts are back again. :help: Im fighting it though :wallbash:

Hi there, Just thought I'd add myself to the list of anxiety members.I too,feel that every morning,the very instant that I wake up,especially if my hubbie is at work,I just feel my heart racing and head spinning.I have my one sickening bad thought that stays with me all day,and then just find it a constant struggle to think happy thoughts,as they say.I just feel like Im waiting for something bad to happen,relaxing is something that doesn't happen to me,unless Im asleep.Anyway,take care,sorry I didn't have much advice,although exercise is very good,probably because Im then too tired to think of anything else.Thelma.