Not sure what to do

Guest Worn out

Guest Worn out

Hi all,

Im trying to tackle one of my biggest ocd issues but its difficult (stating the obvious there i know lol). Its hard because the thing i want to stop obsessing over is something that i want to stop, like a bad habit. So if i want to stop it as a habit (which ive had limited success with up until the other day) thats not really dealing with the ocd around it, its just avoidance. I guess its like being allergic to a certain type of chocolate, and you dont know which type, so each time you have some, it could be the bad kind. Do you avoid all chocolate? or carry on eating it even though youd feel healthier not eating it? Sorry its a bit confusing. I could state it in simpler terms but my ocd is playing up and id only worry about being more misunderstood. I guess its just conflicting interests, i cant see anyway to get over the ocd without doing the habit, but i also cant see me getting better, which will cause problems everytime i have a slip up in the future. :)

Any ideas would be very welcome :dry:

Thanks for reading

Hi Worn out,

Would it be possible for you to explain the OCD issue of concern to us? Don't worry if not, but it would be easier to understand or to try and help if we knew what it was exactly that you were trying to 'avoid?'...

Love Andrea

xx