Drugs or not?

Guest KtWasp15

Guest KtWasp15

hi,

i'm new to this site.

i have OCD and have done for a while. recently i have been in touch with CAHMS. one of the doctors wants to put me on medication but i don't want to becuase i feel like people will take the mickey out of me for it - calling me a druggie and that i would be stereotyped as a druggie.

what would your advice be? should i go on drugs or not? does it help in the long-term?

:helpsmilie:

Guest Sarah123

Hey,

Its totally up to you what you want to do nobody else matters because people havent got a clue what us people with ocd go through, So its up to you whatever way you want to treat your ocd and get rid of it as soon as you can because it a horrible thing to live with. When i went to the doctors i told my doctor i didnt want medication because i didnt think it would do anything for me id rather have therapy which im waiting to hear from but there is a long waiting list and iv heard nothing as of yet.

Hope this has been a bit of help for you. :)

Sarah

Well, like Sarah123 said, at the end of the day it really is up to you. Don't care what others think 'cos they don't have OCD and have no idea what it is like. It wouldn't be a bad option to take meds, they help you a lot in your fight against OCD. Modern day SSRI's for treating OCD are excellent and have little side effects. They can help lift your mood and make you a bit more positive which is very important in overcoming OCD. But the decision is up to you.

I'm on a long waiting list, so I decided to take drugs to help me while I wait for therapy.

• 7 months later...