OCD

Guest Sarah123

Guest Sarah123

Hey, iv had ocd for a while now bt lately it has got really bad !! its ruining my life im constantly washing my hands because if i dont i think im going to catch something. I repeat things over and over again for a certain amount of times and i need reassurance eg i touch something that somebody else has i have to say to someone will i catch anything from touching it. Im constantly sat waiting for the next thing to worry about its horrible to live with. Iv been to the doctors lately because its getting out of hand but im waiting to get into a therapy class to help me but the waiting list could be up to a year which is not good because i cant carry on it gets me down sometimes and it comes between me and my boyfriend. Does anybody else suffer from the same ocd as me ??

Edited by Sarah123
Guest KtWasp15

you're not the only one! i'm constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer for fear of catching somehting after someone else has touch it. i even freak when someone touches me for fear of catching something or becoming dirty. i then have to ask for reassurance from my parents (i dare not ask anyone else coz they will probably think i'm weird). its constant worrying all day and it gets exhausting becuase it takes up your time and it gets to you becuase it makes you miserable.

so i know how you feel. i hope you get the help soon - it will come. it took a year for my local CAHMS to start to help me.

Guest Sarah123

you're not the only one! i'm constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer for fear of catching somehting after someone else has touch it. i even freak when someone touches me for fear of catching something or becoming dirty. i then have to ask for reassurance from my parents (i dare not ask anyone else coz they will probably think i'm weird). its constant worrying all day and it gets exhausting becuase it takes up your time and it gets to you becuase it makes you miserable.

so i know how you feel. i hope you get the help soon - it will come. it took a year for my local CAHMS to start to help me.

Guest Sarah123

Thats exactly like mine. I only ever ask for reassurance off my boyfriend or my mum no one else. I need there reassurance because if i dont i just constantly thinking about it and think im going to catch something or something bad will happen. I also have to repeat myself a certain amount of time even wash my hands a certain amount of times, i feel like a loonatic and its just got so bad. Iv just bought a book off the site so when that comes hopefully it might help me.

Have you started theropy then ? Is it actually helping ?

Thanks for the reply

Sarah.

Guest KtWasp15

i've not really started therapy as they are still trying to piece together all my worries and find the best way to help me. i have had a few CBT sessions which helps becuase i can talk to someone else and find ways of calming down when it gets too much, such as breathhing excerises. i also recently talked about what worried me the most and least such as touching "unfamiliar" doors etc.

Guest Sarah123

i've not really started therapy as they are still trying to piece together all my worries and find the best way to help me. i have had a few CBT sessions which helps becuase i can talk to someone else and find ways of calming down when it gets too much, such as breathhing excerises. i also recently talked about what worried me the most and least such as touching "unfamiliar" doors etc.

O right when i went to the doctors my doctor gave me some papers to read about it and there was a tast called the ladder and u would right down your least fear to your worst then try doing the things to help you over come it