anyone have these symnptons

Guest pinkmetalic

Guest pinkmetalic

hi all

ive been diagonosed with ocd my symnptons are my thoughts keep telling me to keep swallowing or blinking or to keep looking at my nose, i use to have the symnptons of if i didnt do something in a certain way or time something bad would happen, but ive learnt to control these thought but the the other ones are driving me mad anyone suffer the same or am i alone in this

Guest lilyelspeth

I don't have the exact same symptoms, but my fears sometimes go along with cracking my knuckles and wrists. If I don't do that in a certain repetition I usually have a panic attack.

And remember-YOU ARE NEVER ALONE! :hug:

Hiya pinkmetalic and welcome to the board :) :)

You're definitely not alone :(. People on this board have all sorts of OCD symptoms but I am almost certain that someone will have the same as yours, in fact I have some of them. Also, people will understand you well because the underlying anxiety in OCD is the same no matter what the symptoms (as far as I'm aware - I'm not an expert :hug: ).

ive been diagonosed with ocd my symnptons are my thoughts keep telling me to keep swallowing or blinking  or to keep looking at my nose,

I have this problem with blinking. It was only quite recently that I realised it was OCD. Basically, if I get a particular thought in my head then I have to blink until it feels 'right'. This even happens sometimes when I'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep, which makes it extra annoying! :dry: I also sometimes have to look at a certain object if I get a certain thought or feeling. It's really hard for me to explain and of course now I'm trying to I can't think of many examples :crybaby: but I hope you get what I'm trying to say!

Anyways, welcome again and feel free to post anytime :)