my first appointment

Guest robert1

Guest robert1

just to let ye know after nearly two years of this i went for my first appointment and it went well,the therapist said that he was fairly sure that it was ocd and not me been an evil person ,strangly enough i was delighted when he said this but just after i left his place other thoughts came into my head that kind of ruined it,but i am trying not to let them get to me ,he had me doing this relaxtion thing for awhile.

Guest Fountainlair

After my first therapy session,I was very shaky,anxiety was really high

then there was a terrible comedown after the stress of it.

I am happy that it helped and went well for you,finding a psychologist on the same wavelength can be difficult.

just to let ye know after nearly two years of this i went for my first appointment and it went well,the therapist said that he was fairly sure that it was ocd and not me been an evil person

32244[/snapback]

Hi Robert,

I'm so pleased your appointment went well :wallbash: as I know from reading your posts that you've been having a pretty bad time of it lately.

As for feeling down after the session, I think it's quite common. I know I often felt bad after but I think it's because you stir up all the feelings that maybe you normally try to forget.

I used to find after my psych sessions that I was absolutely worn out and often had to sleep.

Anyway, again I'm so please for you and hope your sessions continue to be helpful.

Take care

whitebeam

Hi Robert,

That's great your appointment went so well for you. Hopefully this will be the beginning of things starting to get much better for you.

Let us know how it all goes.

Patsy x

Guest MajesticShannon

hi robert,

thats great news that the session went well, and feeling down is normal. The new thoughts what you had was more than likely the ocd 'on the run'. When it knows one particular thought is under threat, it will move on to something else. Big well done and hope they continue to be a success. :thumbup:

M

Guest robert1

thanks lads for the replys ,it is nice to have got so many ,i think that relaxation thing was that people with ocd have racing minds and that you have to try and slow them down and try and relax yourself ,i think he said he is going to try this alpha technique has anyone heard of this,he has me every day trying to go off to a room by myself and just think of nothing and relax your whole body,you just think that you are on a boat on a lake and let your whole body just relax for about 10/15 minutes,

he has me every day trying to go off to a room by myself and just think of nothing and relax your whole body,you just think that you are on a boat on a lake and let your whole body just relax for about 10/15 minutes,

32409[/snapback]

Hi,

I don't know whether myrelaxation techniques were any particular 'brand' ie alpha, but I had to practise the techniques every day.

When I found myself in a stressful situation I was supposed to use my relaxation techniques.

Unfortunately when I became anxious - I never thought to relax :clap: but I think I needed to practise them more so that they would be automatic.

Hey Robert,

just to let ye know after nearly two years of this i went for my first appointment and it went well,the therapist said that he was fairly sure that it was ocd and not me been an evil person ,strangly enough i was delighted when he said this but just after i left his place other thoughts came into my head that kind of ruined it,but i am trying not to let them get to me ,he had me doing this relaxtion thing for awhile.

What brilliant news for you Robert!!!! :D:):):D:D You were very brave!! Well done!!! As for the other OCD thoughts, that's exactly what they are. Just thoughts. I kept on getting new worries or old ones I thought I had "worked through" when I was having therapy. That's OCD for you, proof that your therapist is right, as you were, all along.

Well done, :)

Alpha