bad moods

Guest summerleft

Guest summerleft

Does anyone who is or has done the CBT therap get mood swings well in particular foul moods ?

Im getting angry with anything and everything, and then i think hold on no point in getting mad my brain almost says to me well tough i want to be in a bad mood come on stressy fit please

Its really draining i dont even know if it s realated but its almost like im wanting things to go wrong!

Guest cerenbrackston

Hi summerleft;

Anxiety causes anger as well..I have some of those moods and stress makes my ocd worse and than anxiety follows and being angry mood..

We have to learn how to be calm down and try to relax ourselves..away from stress..

I am thinking to get CBT AS WELL but the counsellor where i live is not so good..But i will find the ways..

Do you like listening to music..which makes me calm down and nice hot bath and herbal teas ...

keep in write here as well..

take care mate

xx

Guest Fountainlair

I have up and down feelings sometimes,although right now things are plodding along, very melancholy right now really.

hey mood swings are normal if what you're going through is stressful,a disturbance in your life.

After my first therapy session I was really down,then it'd turn around to feeling positive about everything.What a rollercoaster!

its almost like im wanting things to go wrong!

32304[/snapback]

Hi summerleft,

I have felt like this in the past too. I've not received CBT and I'm not on any medication, but I think one of the reasons why we might want things to go wrong is because if we have a 'real' crisis to worry or get stressed about, then it takes our minds off the OCD...

At least that's my theory anyhow... (remind me I said that next time I feel like this!!)... :clap:

Love Andrea

xx

Guest Brainstrain

Hi all,

I have times like that and it is like my brain is deciding to be in a bad mood. Sometimes everything my husband says I find some way of disagreeing with and it's like part of me is telling me to shut up cos I'm being really annoying and the other part is just finding things to be stressed about. Also, sometimes he will say or do something really normal (like say he is going to see his friend for a few hours the next day) that I am initially fine with and then it's like my brain actually says to me you shouldn't be happy with that, some other women might not put up with that, I think you should be stressed with that and then it happens, my husband must really wonder where the seemingly laid back chilled out person he met 2 & 1/2 years ago has gone! I have found these mood swings have been worse recently and I just feel really sorry for my husband who seems to cop the lot!! Although this weekend I have really tried to make an effort and have taken lots of my herbal calming pills and I think I've been better!

Brainstrain :huh:

Also, sometimes he will say or do something really normal (like say he is going to see his friend for a few hours the next day) that I am initially fine with and then it's like my brain actually says to me you shouldn't be happy with that

Oh Brainstrain - again we have more in common!!

There was a time recently where my man had to be away as he is a contractor and he had to temporarily work on another project for a couple of days. When he told me, my initial reaction was "oh okay. That's fine." And then, like you, my brain seemed to go "ERM what do you mean it's fine?!! You would normally panic at something like this so please will you get p****d off!!"... and then it's like I'll deliberately get frustrated and upset even though I don't need to!!

Think that makes sense anyway...? :hug:

Guest Brainstrain
Oh Brainstrain - again we have more in common!!

When he told me, my initial reaction was "oh okay.  That's fine."  And then, like you, my brain seemed to go "ERM what do you mean it's fine?!!  You would normally panic at something like this so please will you get p****d off!!"... and then it's like I'll deliberately get frustrated and upset even though I don't need to!!

Exactly!!!!

That is exactly how I feel. Like I am deliberately sitting there with the hump and getting upset but I don't quite know why, only that my brain has told me to be! Even when I try to explain why I'm upset I know I am being completely unreasonable but I can't help it! It is so wierd (I mean in a nice relieving way!) to have someone else having similar things happen to them, thank you!!

brainstrain :whistling:

Exactly!!!!

That is exactly how I feel.  Like I am deliberately sitting there with the hump and getting upset but I don't quite know why, only that my brain has told me to be!  Even when I try to explain why I'm upset I know I am being completely unreasonable but I can't help it!  It is so wierd (I mean in a nice relieving way!)  to have someone else having similar things happen to them, thank you!!

brainstrain :crybaby:

32726[/snapback]

That is exactly it!! Especially this bit:

Like I am deliberately sitting there with the hump and getting upset but I don't quite know why

I can relate to that so much. I hate being upset and needy and sometimes when I think I'm ok and can handle it, my brain has to tell me it's not okay and that I should be getting upset. I guess it must be part of the OCD because it's as if I have to deliberately focus on the things that will upset me.

Ooooooooo this is quite exciting knowing it's not just me!! In a good way of course!! :whistling:

Like I am deliberately sitting there with the hump and getting upset but I don't quite know why

When I get mood swings they seem like this. They're not unlike PMT (sorry Ash) but can be at any time.

When I feel like this I know I'm being unreasonable.....but I can't apologise until later when the mood has gone. Poor Tony :thumbup: !!!

I was gonna say wouldn't it be cool if all the females could swap with the males for a day so that they could see what we go through with PMT!! But then, I have a feeling us women would all end up realising how the poor men must feel!!

:thumbup:

Guest Brainstrain
I was gonna say wouldn't it be cool if all the females could swap with the males for a day so that they could see what we go through with PMT!!  But then, I have a feeling us women would all end up realising how the poor men must feel!!

:)

32894[/snapback]

I think you have a point there!!!

Brainstrain :)

Guest lilyelspeth

Mood swings, how do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.

I find that I get very moody when I am having a particularly difficult time with compulsions. When I was in CBT, however, I was constantly upset. I think it partly had to do with the fact that I was very uncomfortable with my therapist and scared of what I was experiencing. It was around the time that I was starting to process my obsessions as well. Before CBT, I never spent much time actualising my thoughts and once I started, I was flooded with all of these thoughts that I never realised were so horrid before.

I have, over time, come to realise a mood swing once it is in the early stages and do every possible thing I can at that moment make myself think and do something that makes me smile.