Fed up with ocd and Medication

Guest cerenbrackston

Guest cerenbrackston

Hi Everybody;

My obsesive thoughts are everywhere at the moment,like harming people,thinking that i am nut,or considering that harming myself,thats terrible..

4 months ups and downs and second medication and this one is not working too.Mirtazapine 30 mg.Suppose to make me calm down and get rid of my depression as well.I dont feel like i am clear healthy mind..I am feeling like crazy,lack of anxiety,tearfull,my life is a prison at the moment and the sad thing is i am putting myself in the prison as well..

i really tired ...

Hi cerenbrackston

Unfortunately with OCD and anxiety/depressive disorders generally it can take a long time to find the right medication to suite you. What is brilliant for one person may not touch another. I do understand it is really hard going, but I would ask you to only consider changing/stopping your meds via your GP or psychiatrist. Do not just stop taking them as you could actually end up feeling worse.

It may take a while to find the right med for you, but do try and persevere because there will be one out there for you that suits.

Catherine :thumbup:

Guest Beckett93

Hi cerenbrackston. Very sorry you aren't feeling well, but even though it may not feel like it right now, you will feel better eventually. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You are not putting yourself in any prison. You are suffering from the symptoms of the disorder and you have no control over that. What you do have control over is your realization that it is all only OCD and that just that one part of your brain is lying to you. It's hard to do that, especially when the symptoms are intense, but it can be done and you can do it. Fatigue can make OCD feel a whole lot worse, so if you are tired, try and get some rest. You might not ever be totally free of symptoms, but you can get to the point where you respond to something like the way you are feeling now like nothing more than a really aggravating nuisance. It will be alright, but it will take lots and lots of time, work, and patience. You're a good person, stronger than you might think, and you can put that OCD in its place.

Regards,

Beckett

I know what your going through...Had a very bad week with the thoughts myself.The only break I get from them is when I am at work.As a postman I have to sort 300 letters every five minutes...Something as trivial as this does break the chain of thoughts but thats the only time I get a break...Tried seroxat tablets but not much help there.Spoke to my Dr who spoke to a Pyshciatrist and they told me seroxat is the best medication out there for ocd....So that has set me back...We will get through this my friend.....

Guest Dennis912

Hey,

sorry your not doing well, I feel like this all the time. My thoughts race out of control & I fell like i'm losing it (going crazy)

I feel like I'm a bad person so much that I almost believe it sometimes

Having bad thoughts is one of the worst things I have ever encountered

and from all the posts on this board I would imagine that other people feel

the same. I know it's easy to tell someone to say "it's not me it's OCD" but to do

it yourself is hard..

Keep yourself busy & try to let the thoughts float away as soon as they come to you. It's hard for me to take my own advice but hopefully you can do it..

Dennis..

Hi Ceren :thumbup:

Don't give up hope here...you can move past this, honestly.

I have to think very carefully what I say here..... but I just wanted to say that I have managed to largely deal with my OCD without meds. I am not suggesting that medication cannot help, only that it is not the thing that cures OCD. As Dr Jeffery Schwarz says, medication simply acts as a pair of water wings to help you deal with OCD, lighten the load, it doesn't cure it. Even if you feel the medication isn't helping at the moment, you can still make progress with CBT, guided or self-implemeted. So please don't give up hope, we all have ups and downs.

Hope you're feeling stronger and more optimistic soon :cheers:

Guest MajesticShannon

hi ceren,

just to echo caramooles post really. When going on meds i was expecting them to b the magic pill which was going to sort ocd out. But i think 'waterwings' is the best way to describe meds. They're an assistance, but by themselves they wont sort the ocd. I've found that cbt has been very helpful so far, and the meds have just helped this along nicely. Please dont put yourself down - its the ocd making you feel like this. I think a therapist who is an expert in ocd will help you make significant progress.

hang in there :thumbup:

m

Spoke to my Dr who spoke to a Pyshciatrist and they told me seroxat is the best medication out there for ocd....So that has set me back...We will get through this my friend.....

I find that a rather unhelpful approach from your dr/psychiatrist, Tulsas :huh: . Try not to give up as I don't believe there is a 'best drug' per se, it's more a case of finding the one which hits the spot with you personally. I too take Seroxat but am shortly going to be changed over to Citalopram. In total there are several anti obsessional drugs and although it may be really tough wading through them all, please God both you and cerenbrackston will find the right one soon :)

As you say we can all make it through together :lol2:

Catherine

Guest cerenbrackston

Thanks for all nice supportive replies. :huh:

There are some points that i cant really take that was the moment that i shared with you..

Lustral was working perfectly and i was on it since 2000 up to 2004 june.After that 3 months i was allright without medication and now i have anxiety since that time due with ocd thoughts even seeing that i am taking knife and stabing myself...I know its pure ocd..and long run reallyy

Goverment is not helpng us as a money side and my hubby wage is not ebough to keep the us going beside i cant work at the moment...i mean just limited reallyy..

I would like to beat this without medicines..but i think i need to pass this depression bit as well..still i am so sensitive and feeling acutated..

This term of my life is a big experience for me as well..different country and different language and dealing with ocd different circumtances..

Keep carry on and take the hope with me my friends..........

Guest whirlwind

Hi Cerenbrackston

On my Psychiatrist's advice as I was doing so well I started to reduce my Citalopram, but my anxiety and neg thoughts have come back with such avengance he recommended putting them back up which I am slowly doing now. I do think I may have to stay on them but I would rather do that because with a combination of them and the CBT I was feeling so calm and well. I suppose you have to see it a bit like any phsyical illness that needs permanent meds.

Hang on in there - can you go back on the other med that you were on before as it worked?

Hi Ceren :)

You have to do anything at all that works for you. That can be CBT, meds, this board, relaxation...whatever. We are all individuals and our treatment will be individual as well.

It's easy to say don't worry about the obsessions, because it isn't easy but I promise you it does get easier. There was a time when I had a huge fear about knives, now they don't worry me at all, ever. What you worry about is horrid but not important, OCD will threaten and scare you with what's around at that moment.

Well done you chatting away in a different language, you're cleverer than me...I'm useless, I can manage a bit of French and a bit of German....but I'm sure I couldn't chat on a message board :huh: What is your first langiage and have you just moved here recently?

I know it's hard to accept but I assure you, you will never cause harm to anyone or to yourself by suffering from OCD, things will improve :(

Guest cerenbrackston

After 3 months which i came off from Lustral i was allright but when the depression start i saw my gp and she gave me the lustral again and this time it didnt work and they increased the dose again no good and after that i have started mirtazapine.Still on at the moment.

I am originally from Turkey and I have been here since 17 july 2003.

I really met the Ocd in here cause i had obsessive thoughts before and when i visited my Psychiatrist in Turkey he gave me drugs and it all worked..In here they gave me straight away Lutsral..Normally my Psychiatrists gave with helpfull drug with it as well so that i cant feel the side effetcs...I mean at those time all works..and now nothing is working..so much sensitive i am and so anger as well..keep arguing with my hubby..

I am try to relax ...try not to looose hope and Nhs i think no good here..counsellor is **** they are saying to me u know what we are going to do..cause i am reading brain lock as well..dr is asking me do u want me to increase the dose or not..u know u cant ask the patience about that...

anyway thanks for this form,thanks for my friends u are listening to me...

Tried seroxat tablets but not much help there.Spoke to my Dr who spoke to a Pyshciatrist and they told me seroxat is the best medication out there for ocd....So that has set me back...We will get through this my friend.....

32362[/snapback]

When I was first diagnosed with OCD I was prescribed Seroxat. It did help to lift my depression, but did nothing for my OCD.

I was on it for quite a long time, but realised I just wasn't getting any better. After that, my psychiatrist tried me on a few different drugs and combinations.

Eventually I was put on one which helped me.

Tulsas - It really is a case of what works for one may not work for another, so it may be worth your while to actually see a psychiatrist if you can, rather than 'speaking' to one via your GP.

Ceren, I hope you soon find a medication and dosage that is right for you. Don't give up, as Catherine says, there are a lot of other drugs available and hopefully you will find one that is right for you.

whitebeam