I quit my job

Guest lilyelspeth

Guest lilyelspeth

I quit my job of almost 3 years today. I know I had to do it, but my doubt about it is so horrible. My one boss is nice, but his wife was the reason I left. For 2 years+ I have been verbally abused, ridiculed, had things thrown at me and I've put up with it. I lived with a verbally abusive father for 13 years and this woman definitely did not help my already stress filled mind.

I feel so bad about leaving my other boss, though. He is one of the best and most giving people I have ever met. How his relationship with this woman has lasted over a decade is beyond me. I guess love really is blind.

I just needed a little encouragement. I have to start looking again on Tuesday and I am so afraid of that uncertainty. Thanks.

Hi Lilyelspeth, I'm so sorry to hear that your position at work has become impossible. As an employer myself, I find it difficult to understand such behaviour, it's never acceptable.

I am generally 'anti' the current compensation culture that seems to exist but in cases such as yours, where someones behaviour has been apparently so unreasonable and unacceptable, there is sometimes the option to seek redress for constructive dismissal. I don't know how you'd feel about this or if it is something that you feel strong enough to deal with, CAB could advise.

Whatever you decide I wish you lots of luck with the job hunting, I'm sure you don't need this :thumbup:

For 2 years+ I have been verbally abused, ridiculed, had things thrown at me and I've put up with it. I lived with a verbally abusive father for 13 years and this woman definitely did not help my already stress filled mind.

Hi lilyelspeth,

I agree with the others, but I am especially outraged at what you've said here. How does anybody have the right to treat you in such a way? If you've had things thrown at you, surely that is considered GBH or ABH if it caused some damage??

I don't know the legal side of it and as the others have suggested, it is worth you paying a visit to your local CAB if you feel up to it.

Under no circumstances should this woman be entitled to get away with such abuse!!

Love Andrea

xx

Guest lilyelspeth

Thank you for the responses everyone. I just feel like I need to be done with it all. Unfortunately, she is married to my other boss and that really is difficult to deal with. There were only 4 of us in the office so it was hard to deal.

I've already started thinking about my options and I know it will work out. No one deserves being treated like they are nothing and I always felt that way. Whether you are an employee or employer, everyone deserves common courtesy.

Thanks again.

Lily :clap:

I can well understand that you want to draw a line under it and move on, it's a great shame though.

For this incident or for future reference (to anyone), it's worth knowing that Bullying, Harrasment and failure to prevent Stress at work is an issue under the Health and safety at Work Act.

You might like to look at this link regarding such

Bullying at Work

Guest ScottOCDid
... but his wife was the reason I left. For 2 years+ I have been verbally abused, ridiculed, had things thrown at me and I've put up with it...

32366[/snapback]

So sorry to hear that you've been put in this position. I hope you get a job in a better working environment really soon.

Take care,

Scott

PS - tell Northern Star that there's a live punchbag on offer if she needs it!