Its really trying it on....

Hi,

Well its has soooo been trying it on.....A while ago my obsessive thoughts were to do with what if I had done something sometime ago and forgotton about it....I still get these thoughts....

For a while now, more recently, it is like this. I will do something, and literally within a matter of minutes Ill be thinking blimey did I just do something terrible? Then I may think, no you just done this (then go through what actually happened in my head maybe numerous times) then it may switch back to but what if you did this, what if you didnt think about doing it, done it, then forgot about it almost immediately, but then remembered.....

Im tempted to write a bit more about my OCD so perhaps others may read it, identify with it, and perhaps find some sort of comfort in the fact that someone else has it.

Hope that makes sense....

Luv Ooba xxxx

Guest whirlwind

Ooba

I can really identify with that so much. Sometimes if i try to recall events or things I have done I start to doubt that I have got them right and that actual events were imagined in my head. Then I keep replaying situations to the point that fact merges into fiction even if I know exactly what happened :D For example I once witnessed a car crash and gave a witness statement and although I knew exactly what i had seen the more i thought about it the more I doubted it and the more confused I got to the facts :clap:

I also do that thing where you think what if ive done something terrible and forgotten about it :help:

Hi ooba

I think the key word here is 'doubt' and OCD is often referred to as the doubting illness. It's like a little mental loop which keeps going around in your head and however many times you try to reassure yourself, it keeps coming back. It can be very exhausting when it happens.

The trick is to try and live with the anxiety these doubts create, and the theory goes that over time you will become less anxious about forgetting something or doubting yourself. If you keep returning to re check the event then although it gives you some short term relief, it does not help in the long term :clap:

Tough task though :D

Catherine :thumbup: