congrats for conference

Guest rubytuesday

Guest rubytuesday

i'm back home after it and wanted to say thanks so much for organising it, it was really great and informative, and the atmosphere was good. i'm rather shy so didnt say hi to you all but hope everyone enjoyed it too.

well done ocduk. i went with my friend and she also got alot out of it, she says its helped her understand the whole condition alot better, and after it i felt alot more confident to talk to my parents about it so THANKYOU, THANKYOU THANKYOU everyone at OCDUK x :clap:

Hi - I didn't get to the Conference, unfortunately, but I'd like to say:

The bees in my bonnet and bats in my belfrey

are far less bother to me

Since Dr Schwartz and his wonderful 'Brainlock'

enhanced my CBT

Lucia

I was really upset after the morning session as I'd realised I'd gone there looking for a magical cure and it didn't happen, and when Dr Schwartz said that the steps could only be applied if you had the base knowledge that it's just ocd and I don't so I realised I would have to go through erp to get there and I was devastated. :) We had to drive back home (thankfully we're close enough that we could do that) and my boyfriend had to calm me down. :huh: It didn't help that I'd been off the seroxat for three days owing to how I couldn't get out of the house to pick up the new prescription which I know is dangerous. The afternoon session went alot better. I would have liked Dr Schwartz to have maybe given a case history of someone who'd used his techniques and to show how his steps were incorporated into that person's therapy so I could see how it can be applied, because I don't know how I can apply it to some of the things I do.

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the venue and the ample supply of soap in the toilets!!! :lol2:

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the venue and the  ample supply of soap in the toilets!!! :lol2:

32505[/snapback]

I knew this would be very important to many people attending the conference so I paid particular attention to the toilets. When I saw they were so clean and their soap was Molton Brown, I knew we couldn't go wrong :lol2:

I'm sorry you felt that way about expecting to find a cure dandelion but I'm glad you enjoyed your day anyways.

I wish I had of known you were sitting right behind me, I would of said hello to you!!

Patsy x

Guest Steviemfc

Both myself, Mhairi and my family really enjoyed the conference (and meal afterwards) and we all got a great deal from the day.

The venue was excellent (well done to Patsy!), the conference room was just perfect, the attendance was fab, the sessions were great too and it was brill being able to meet you all at long last.

My only critisism would be the sannies. £5.50 for a plate!!!! :huh:

My only critisism would be the sannies. £5.50 for a plate!!!!  :huh:

32513[/snapback]

I have to agree with you Stevie. The sannies were pretty poor for the price. Not as though they even of a really good quality or variety!

HI Everyone,

I also really enjoyed the conference although I would have liked more time for the workshops where people had more time to interact - but heh maybe next time.

In agreement with Stevie and Patsy:-

My only critisism would be the sannies. £5.50 for a plate!!!!  :hug:

When they said it was £5.50 for a 'Platter' I was expecting mountains of food and suggested that my partner and I share one - luckily we had decided to go for one each!

It was really nice to put faces to names and meet people - I just found it so amazing to be so open about something that still manages to terrify me and at one point in my life I wouldn't have told anyone. Thanks again everyone.

Take Care Everyone and Enjoy your Sunday.

Love Marah xxxxx :)

I was really upset after the morning session as I'd realised I'd gone there looking for a magical cure and it didn't happen

32505[/snapback]

I think this is the problem with many sufferers, we all hope for and search for that magical cure, something to make it go away and as you discovered, it doesn't exist. We can search and search, surfing the web, reading, understanding the theory at an intellectual level but not actually putting into practice what we know. This isn't a critisism, it's just usually true...I speak from experience, I was that woman :hug: It's like the exercise bike or the diet....we buy a bike to get fit and lose weight, use it for a few days and then it is left in the corner of the room gathering dust. To see results we have to use the equipment, in our case the knowledge, and we have to find the courage to experience the anxiety that it often causes. Back to the exercise analogy, when we first join a gym, run, whatever, it hurts like heck, every muscle aches..but if we keep going, keep practising the pain diminishes and we get fit. It's a bit the same with exposure and resonse practice.

Don't be disapponted Dandelion, it was anti-climax and it's something I think we've all experienced about this wretched and bewildering condition :)

The afternoon session went alot better. I would have liked Dr Schwartz to have maybe given a case history of someone who'd used his techniques and to show  how his steps were incorporated into that person's therapy so I could see how it can be applied,because I don't know how I can apply it to some of the things I do

32505[/snapback]

Are these things, things you'd feel comfortable about sharing Dandelion? I'm just wondering if then we might be able to offer some suggestions between us.

Don't be too dishearted, I know sometimes it's like someones just pulled the rug from beneath your feet and taken your hope away. I'm sure you'll improve :2guns:

Guest ScottOCDid
I was really upset after the morning session as I'd realised I'd gone there looking for a magical cure and it didn't happen

32505[/snapback]

Hi dandielion,

Yeah, OCD can be a cruel beast... but you do know that it's OCD that's at the root of your worries.

I really enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you briefly yesterday. I know how frustrating it can all be but stay strong and keep up the fight.

S :hug:

Me too - now I'm really looking forward to Bristol  :grin: .

32535[/snapback]

:) Same here!! I don't know if my house will be sold by then or not, but even if it is, I still want to come to the Bristol conference!! :hug:

i'm back home after it and wanted to say thanks so much for organising it, it was really great and informative, and the atmosphere was good. i'm rather shy so didnt say hi to you all but hope everyone enjoyed it too.

well done ocduk. i went with my friend and she also got alot out of  it, she says its helped her understand the whole condition alot better, and after it i felt alot more confident to talk to my parents about it so THANKYOU, THANKYOU THANKYOU everyone at OCDUK x :)

32451[/snapback]

Hi Ruby, so wish you would have said hello :hug:

I met a lot of people this weekend, sadly I only got a coupled of minutes with most of you :hug:

I am so glad that you enjoyed the conference, and thank you for coming along.

My only critisism would be the sannies. £5.50 for a plate!!!!  :)

32513[/snapback]

Ouch, I have to say this is the first I know about the cost (not got my bill yet), certainly not good and from what i could tell (never got chance to eat them) they looked a bit naff.

Next time I will see what we can do to improve the quality or reduce the cost.

HI Everyone,

I also really enjoyed the conference although I would have liked more time for the workshops where people had  more time to interact - but heh maybe next time.

32520[/snapback]

I agree on that and certainly my plan for next time is to maybe have 5 or 10 minutes between speakers to give a chance for people to chat to those around them, it also gives us chance to setup for the next person.

I would have liked Dr Schwartz to have maybe given a case history of someone who'd used his techniques and to show  how his steps were incorporated into that person's therapy so I could see how it can be applied, because I don't know how I can apply it to some of the things I do.

32505[/snapback]

I am sorry you were a little upset, but I hope this is just the start for you and you will see from yesterday that it can be achieved, might take a little while but it can be achieved.

Was lovely to meet you, albeit briefly.

A huge thank you to everybody for attending yesterday, but especially for the people that helped me on the day:

Penny and Nathalie for the help setting up, filming, greeting people. Melanie for her help on the shop.

Stephen and Mary for their help with the workshops, and of course Dr Schwartz.

A huge thank you to Scott and Stevie, and of course Niquii..... Nic, the thank you is in advance of next years talk that you will be giving :)

And of course for finding such a lovely venue, Patsy.

We are a team and without the team working together we would achieve nothing so a huge pat on the back for you all :hug:

Guest InsaneIain
Well done to everyone!!!!!!! :)

Love Kirstiexx :hug:

32626[/snapback]

I've not posted on here before so I hope I've worked out how to post correctly. I drove up from Essex for the conference and just wanna say how beneficial I found it, particularly Steve's speech which must have taken immense courage. I could identify with much of what he said and am inspired by his success. Big up mate.

I've not posted on here before so I hope I've worked out how to post correctly. I drove up from Essex for the conference and just wanna say how beneficial I found it, particularly Steve's speech which must have taken immense courage. I could identify with much of what he said and am inspired by his success. Big up mate.

32627[/snapback]

:) InsaneIain!!

Well done everybody!!!!!!!!!!

xx