congrats for conference

Guest rubytuesday

Guest Dragonfruit
A huge thank you to Scott and Stevie, and of course Niquii..... Nic, the thank you is in advance of next years talk that you will be giving  :)

32612[/snapback]

So many apologies, guys.

Thank you so much Scott for stepping in for me - I bet you did a much better job of it than I would have done.

Well done Stevie - bet you were brill.

I'm so sorry we couldn't make it - I was really looking forward to meeting you all - but after our near-collision and the weather just getting worse I was too freaked out to continue down the road.

I feel so bad that I let you all down - sounds as though I missed out on a fab conference.

Sorry everyone..........

Hi Dragonfruit,

Really sorry you couldn't make it but you never let anyone down so please don't worry. There was nothing at all you could have done about the weather :hug: Iwas sorry you didn't make it too because I was really looking forward to meeting you!

The conference truned out really well and Stevie and Scott were fantastic standing up and giving their talk.

Maybe you will make one of our other conferences soon and be able to give your talk then :)

Take care,

Love Patsy xx

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Niquii,

You certainly didn't let anyone down, so don't feel bad about it. At least there was noone there to heckle me. :)

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you too, would have been good to put a face to the name, but your safety was the most important thing.

Speak soon

Stevie

thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I've got lots of thinking to do and I wish I'd been able to go into the mindfulness section but I couldn't give up my seat and sit on another seat and since my seat ended up in the family conference section, that's where I stayed; although I'm sure no one would have thought anything of it if I'd moved my seat into the other room, it's just that I'm so used to hiding the ocd and I really didn't have to because everyone there would understand why I was doing it. :lol: I'm going to order the Brainlock book again this week as it doesn't look like I'm going to get back to my flat and clean it all in order to get the other brainlock book out any time soon and I've been inspired by everyone at the conference who are managing to get well using these techniques and I now want to be where they are :)

So many apologies, guys.

32633[/snapback]

Shurrup, your safe that is all that matters, I certainly did not want you risking yourself just to get to our conference. Although the message that you were not coming did give me a minor nightmare :lol2:

Of course... you know you are already down on my list for next year :tongue:

Guest Dragonfruit
Although the message that you were not coming did give me a minor nightmare  :lol2:

32642[/snapback]

I know - I felt absolutely awful - I really am sorry - I was just really scared on the roads and the weather was scheduled to get even worse.

Of course... you know you are already down on my list for next year :tongue:

32642[/snapback]

Absolutely :lol: - could we schedule it for summertime please????

Stop it Niquii, you dont need to feel awful it's one of those things and it is my fault for not having a backup speaker ready in case anything went wrong, it really is not something you need to worry about.

And yep, I am thinking of the same venue next year in May or June.

By the way, did you see that Sara's story was used in the Scotsman on Sunday yesterday?

Guest InsaneIain
Thanks Iain, were you the guy that I spoke to after the talk?

If so, it was good to meet you. Thanks and good luck.

Stevie

32628[/snapback]

Yes mate, the big bloke with the beard in the checked shirt. Must check out that article you recommended on the net when I get 5 minutes.

Guest Dragonfruit
By the way, did you see that Sara's story was used in the Scotsman on Sunday yesterday?

32645[/snapback]

I hadn't! Ace. First and last time "my" name will be linked with Leo's!!!! :lol:

Guest rubytuesday

hi ashie, just wanted to say thanks again and congrats for the whole thing it was great, next time i'll conquer my shyness and say hello! on the sandwich note, just so you know there are alot of other (cheaper) places to eat in stirling uni, so it doesnt have to be £5.50 sandwiches next time even if its the same venue! and the venue was fab, i thought it had obviously been very carefully chosen with regard to the toilets etc which was great, i think alot of people will really have appreciated that. :lol:

I hadn't!  Ace.  First and last time "my" name will be linked with Leo's!!!!  :lol:

32651[/snapback]

hey, it was linked with mine too which should be a huge honour! lol Link to the article on the main website.

Guest Dragonfruit
First and last time "my" name will be linked with Leo's!!!!  :lol:

32651[/snapback]

hey, it was linked with mine too which should be a huge honour!

32655[/snapback]

Goes without saying, Ash :)

Guest ScottOCDid
I know - I felt absolutely awful - I really am sorry - I was just really scared on the roads and the weather was scheduled to get even worse. 

32644[/snapback]

Hey, DF, go easy on yourself!

Nobody would have wanted you to put yourself at risk to get to the conference; we're only disappointed that we didn't get a chance to meet and listen to you.

Besides, you played your part with your newspaper article.

What a team! :D

S

I wish I'd been able to go into the mindfulness section but I couldn't give up my seat and sit on another seat and since my seat ended up in the family conference section, that's where I stayed; although I'm sure no one would have thought anything of it if I'd moved my seat into the other room, it's just that I'm so used to hiding the ocd and I really didn't have to because everyone there would understand why I was doing it. :)

32639[/snapback]

Hi dandielion,

I used to have the same problem with seats, many a time I have sat and not heard a word that was going on because I was so worried about sitting down :thumbup: . I've also sat on coats or jumpers (but then another thought put paid to that).

I used to wear up to 4 pairs of pants and sometimes I just didn't sit down - if people thought it was strange - too bad!!

However, somewhere along the road ( I think during my sessions of ERP with my psych and also with my meds) I have managed to be quite blase about sitting down and sometimes I don't even think about it - when it used to be the only thing I could think about.

It can get better :huh: .

Take care

whitebeam