Parents who get sexual thoughts

Guest charisma210809

Guest charisma210809

Parents who get sexual thoughts about their kids where it is so bad you can barely make a bottle for them without the intrusive thoughts or change their diaper please reply!

Guest stormy

Hi,

I didnt want you to think no one wanted to reply . I was pregnant last year from ivf but lost the baby but remember being worried about this and how i would be so my thoughts are with you and hoping you will feel much better soon. You will never do anything to hurt your baby, have you been diagosed with ocd? Are you having and CBT?

Take care

Parents who get sexual thoughts about their kids where it is so bad you can barely make a bottle for them without the intrusive thoughts or change their diaper please reply!

Guest catwoman

Hi charisma

my son is 18 years old now, i had awful intrusive thoughts though not really sexual but very very frightenning when he was very small.

Believe me it is ocd nothing else.My son is a healthy happy person now and i regret all the illness my ocd caused at the time, like you it was

constant thoughts and triggers it made me very very poorly.I had a brilliant therapist and i did recover from that particular ocd and i promise so will you.

Pleae have faith in yourself and try and look after yourself things will get better for you...

catwoman

x

Charisma, you only posted your thread half an hour ago - there might only have been half a dozen people on the forum in that time. I think lots of people can relate to your thoughts, but as Ashley said in another thread to you, it doesn't really matter what the thoughts are - they are all OCD and when one type dies down, often it comes back in another form. I don't know if it's particularly helpful for you to ask if others have had or have the same thoughts as it seems to be reassurance seeking, which never helps in the long term with OCD. I really would urge you to read up on OCD and to look into getting some therapy if you are not having any at the moment - would that be an option?

Rach x

Guest sarah29

Hey Charisma,

Rachie's right - your thoughts are so common. I get them with my niece really really badly. But it doesn't really matter if other people get them. What matters is that you recognise it's ocd and try and combat them.

Guest legend

Firstly id like to say a big well done for being able to "barely" carry on, being a mother

is never easy, but having ocd which effects this area is very very difficult.

The important part charisma, is to keep carrying on and accept that the thoughts will bombard

you, but its also a good plan to acknowledge these thoughts as part of the illness, and to try

hard to not engage with them, and allow them to be there and refocus on other things

(as in the four steps in the helpful threads)

Is your partner aware of your ocd and does he have knowledge about ocd, as its important that

you can work together on getting better.

legend

Guest charisma210809

I know people get thoughts but I feel nobody is ever like this. The reason I asked is because I want to know how someone got over this who actually did this same thing.

My OCD must be the worse :( Nobody can relate

I used to feel like this Charisma :)

I used to fear that my OCD must be a different version of everyone elses, that mine must be worse....that mine probably wasn't even OCD, I was probably just Mad and potentially very dangerous.

It took me quite a long time to realise mine wasn't any worse at all, or my belief that it wasn't OCD in my case. The truth was that I didn't properly understand the illness, I didn't accept what I was told and I didn't put the advice I received into practise.

The reason I asked is because I want to know how someone got over this who actually did this same thing.

There are thousands who get over exactly those same fears but sadly, those fears won't start to go away until you change the way you react to them.

Your fears are terrifying, they're disturbing, they are cruel, unfair, awful and anything else you could use to describe them.........but they're not unique, they're not worse than other peoples, they're not dangerous......they are part of an anxiety condition that thousands of others experience as well.

It won't help you to take this approach of no-one understands, no-one's as bad as me. The only thing that will work is to learn as much as you can, and MORE importantly, put that knowledge into practise and change the way you respond when one of these nasty thoughts strikes.

I'm not going to pretend it's easy, it isn't......but it's the way forward.

Your fears and thoughts are very, very common in the world of OCD. Don't you think it's worth taking the risk of fighting them a different way?

Caramoole :)