What's wrong with me?

Guest ocd13

Hi,

I've accidentally hurt myself messing around and hurt my nose and when it first happened, I grabbed it in case it was bleeding (and cos it hurt)! But then, I pictured myself I suppose being in a film and someone's face getting cut or something and for some reason, imagined it was me. I can't explain it, but is it some sort of attention thing or OCD or what? There's not even anyone here to get any attention from. I don't know what's wrong with me and it makes me feel like a bad person!! :whistling:

I feel like I'm just a freak sometimes with a problem that isn't just OCD.

It's like I just don't know how to behave or think I should behave or something. Argh, I'm not making any sense. :crybaby:

Does anyone else get this when they hurt themselves or imagine themselves being hurt??

Love Andrea

xx

P.S. It hurts!! :thumbup:

Guest Brainstrain
I can't explain it, but is it some sort of attention thing or OCD or what? 

I don't know if it's the same thing or not but quite often when I am walking down a flight of stairs or crossing a road or something I imagine myself falling down them or getting hit and it often goes on to how others would feel if they heard about me being in an accident which is quite strange.

It's like I just don't know how to behave or think I should behave or something.

I am really having problems with this at the moment, sometimes I just don't know what's going on, how I should react to things, what I should be feeling or anything!

Brainstrain :whistling:

Aaww I'm sorry it hurts :dry: :whistling:

From what you said though it sounds to me like it is OCD. I'm not an expert but that's the impression I get. 

Jo :crybaby:

32721[/snapback]

Thanks Jo. :thumbup:

Hi Brainstrain - thanks for your reply!!

I don't know if it's the same thing or not but quite often when I am walking down a flight of stairs or crossing a road or something I imagine myself falling down them or getting hit and it often goes on to how others would feel if they heard about me being in an accident which is quite strange.

Oh my goodness!! I get exactly that same thing!!

I am really having problems with this at the moment, sometimes I just don't know what's going on, how I should react to things, what I should be feeling or anything!

Was it your post I replied to regarding the whole identity thing? Cos I get exactly these same feelings at the moment...