People who suffer from thoughts

Guest charisma210809

Guest charisma210809

I went to my appointment yesterday and he made PERFECT sense. You know how we get stuck on our thoughts? We need to understand that everyone has them. Some people even get paid a lot of money to share their thoughts and write stories and make movies. These are all based on their thoughts. Some are violent, sexual, scary. He also said we are free to have thoughts. That would be the last thing we would get in trouble for! It's not like people can read our minds. It doesn't make us who we are. He told me to think about all that and it does make sense. Think about it :)

Edited by charisma210809
Guest Charlotte

What a fantastic post! :)

You're absolutely right - everyone has these thoughts, it's how we react to them that is a problem.

Lottie :)

Hi Charisma,

I'm really glad this has helped. Sometimes, someone saying something that we knew but hadn't really thought of can really help, can't it?

Thanks for sharing it.

Rach :)

Guest Hebrides

I went to my appointment yesterday and he made PERFECT sense. You know how we get stuck on our thoughts? We need to understand that everyone has them. Some people even get paid a lot of money to share their thoughts and write stories and make movies. These are all based on their thoughts. Some are violent, sexual, scary. He also said we are free to have thoughts. That would be the last thing we would get in trouble for! It's not like people can read our minds. It doesn't make us who we are. He told me to think about all that and it does make sense. Think about it :)

That's great!

One thing I always get struck by when I'm coping well with the OCD is that, though we normally think the thoughts are somehow "sticky", in themselves they aren't. They don't stick to us, we grab hold of them, giving them a significance that, in themselves, they don't really have.

Keep up the good work!

Guest stormy

I try to think like this but feel so guilty or having the thoughts, want to confess for everyone to say its ok but they wouldnt understand or not everyone would.