hiya - I'm new and I have OCD! :(

Guest greybear

Guest greybear

A few months ago I was diagnosed with OCD. I have many other problems to including this and suffer very bad depression. Sometimes it results in Self harming! :) I have had OCD for a few years now but didn't tell anyone about the problems I was having! I always feel as though germs are all over me and when I get home I'll have to shower! School makes me feel so dirty and even when i'm out with my freinds, I hate people brushing past me in the streets! Is this normal?? Sometimes I feel like i'm the only one who acts so stupid! I just wish it would go away! I have lots of exams coming up and right now...I dont think I can cope with them! Everytime I get rid of one problem....i get a new one! They are mainly for germs but I have many others including : if i dont do something my family will get injured or die.....I have a bed-time routine...and many others but i'm just so tired to talk about them!!! Why wont it just leave me alone..I've tried hard to give things up but i cant and I'm now getting to the stage where I'm gonna have 2 give up!! Please help me!!!!! :)

xxx

Hi there greybear and welcome to the forums :) :)

A few months ago I was diagnosed with OCD. I have many other problems to including this and suffer very bad depression. Sometimes it results in Self harming!  :)  I have had OCD for a few years now but didn't tell anyone about the problems I was having!

That could have almost all been written by me! I'm 18 now and first noticed I had OCD when I was 15. It took me a while to seek help for my OCD. I have also self-harmed on and off for 2 years. Recently it is especially caused by bad depression.

I always feel as though germs are all over me and when I get home I'll have to shower! School makes me feel so dirty and even when i'm out with my freinds, I hate people brushing past me in the streets! Is this normal??

I am not the best person to advise on 'normal' lol as I also have contamination OCD and so am unsure as to what a 'normal' person would think. But it does sound to me as if this is an OCD symptom, although I am not an expert in any way, shape or form!

Sometimes I feel like i'm the only one who acts so stupid! I just wish it would go away! I have lots of exams coming up and right now...I dont think I can cope with them! Everytime I get rid of one problem....i get a new one! They are mainly for germs but I have many others including : if i dont do something my family will get injured or die.....I have a bed-time routine...and many others but i'm just so tired to talk about them!!! Why wont it just leave me alone..I've tried hard to give things up but i cant and I'm now getting to the stage where I'm gonna have 2 give up!! Please help me!!!!!  :(

OCD can be very isolating because sufferers often feel as if they are the only one who feels like this. Hopefully you now know that you are not alone! :lol: You might like to take a look at the main OCD forum (if you haven't already) as there are lots of useful threads on there.

I have exams soon too :( and have just done some so I can certainly understand that you're feeling the pressure :(. Do your school/college know about your OCD? As it might be that they could make some kind of extra help available if you are finding the OCD very time-consuming. Also, with the depression, I found it helpful that my teachers know about it as they sometimes make allowances for my work being below standard etc and offer extra help to try to help me get on top of it :D .

I also certainly empathise of the feeling of being so tired. I find OCD and depression so draining and I am sleeping so much more than I used to. In fact I'm going off for an early night very soon and my dad isn't even home yet!

You say that you have been diagnosed with OCD; are you having any treatment for it? The 2 usual treatments are CBT (cognitive-behavioural therapy) and/or medication. Your GP should be able to refer you to the appropriate people for these.

Anyways, I will shut up now as I feel I am rambling! Welcome again and any questions etc feel free to post! :)

Hey, welcome to the board :lol:

hopefully with time, and the support of the lovely people here ( :) ), you will soon begin to feel a lot better about the whole situation. i know you must be having a hard time at the moment, but ocd can be beaten :)

anyway, i just wanted to say hi (i'm a teen too btw).

take care

H xxx

Guest greybear
Hi Grey bear :) , Welcome to the board :):welcome:

Please feel free to post anytime as much as you want!!!!  You are not alone in what your experiencing, many of us here can relate to what you are going through.

Everything you have described such as not liking people brushing past you, is completely the ocd. Many of us here dont like people brushing past us either due to contamination fears, which is down to the ocd.

Is it possible to try to speak to someone you trust about what you are going through?for example friends or family, as it is a lot to try and cope with.

Have you had any treatment for your ocd? Such as Cognitive Behavioural therapy or/and medication? If you havent received any treatment for the ocd, it would be a good idea to go back to your doctor to get a refferal to a professional who can help and support you with this.

For more information on ocd treatments, just click on the following link; http://www.ocduk.org/treatments/treatments.htm

There are some great books available with information about ocd treatments for ocd and even techniques you can practice in your own time to try and help you overcome the ocd. 

Two of these books that you may find particularly useful are Brainlock by Dr Jeffrey Schwatrz and Getting control by lee Baer. Just click on the following link, to take you to a list of books that you may find helpful including the ones mentioned:

http://www.ocduk.org/ocd/books.htm

Here is a link to take you to some ocd support resources that you may find useful as well:

http://www.ocduk.org/ocd/resources.htm#bb

You have made a positive step by posting on here :thumbup: , please dont give up, ocd can be overcome :thumbup: .

You are not alone and we can all relate to what you are going through, everyone is really friendly and very supportive here :thumbup: , so please feel free to post anytime!!!! Take care.

Love Kirstiexxx :)

32944[/snapback]

Hey! Thanx so much for your reply...like the others i recieved its made me feel just that bit better!! :blushing:

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one out there who has OCD. Yes. I have a physcologist. (lol...is that how u spell it?) but it dusnt seem 2 help me cos I have achieved many things...but then i just get a new one.

I'm just so tired now and fed up of it all :)

Thnx again! luv greybear!

Also...thnx 4 the sites and books you recommended! :)