How to beat paranoia and lack of memory helpful tips needed

Guest Arbitor

Guest Arbitor

Hey all

I keep getting bad paaranoia and lack of memory and these two really make me feel useless.I can`t rememebr nothing and i really want to, this in turns makes me feels useless and gives me low self esteem.I also get paranoia which also gets to me,and makes me feel like i`m got a disability instead of an illness.

Please help me with sometips to help beat these two.

Thanks

Arb

Guest Arbitor

What is it you mean by lack of memory? Is it that you're wanting to recall incidents so that you can be sure that you didn't do something that is now concerning you?

Caramoole :)

Thanks for the reply.

No, what i mean is ,i can`t remember nothing or just certain things,e.g i want to read abook or remember what this or that is.I either can`t take it in/know what it means,or if i get it i`ll just forget it, and will literally be back to where i was.I also do find it hard to remember past events like two days ago i can`t remember what i did what the weather was like or nothing.

Guest lucylia

I think this is just another symptom of anxiety (as silly to others as this may sound) but when im anxious or when my heads full going round in circles with thoughts and i try to think of something e.g.I went to the shop the other night to get a dvd,just before i went in i remembered the name of it,when i went to ask the assistent what it was called i couldn't remember,it was like a mental block had just come over me and my mind wouldn't allow me to think or remember. It happens to me alot,mostly when im not having a good time of it (bad ocd,feeling anxious or down etc). I dont think you have anything to worry about. Its hard for our minds to concentrate on things,and sometimes the harder we try to remember something the harder it is to actually remember it,and when that happens to people in our frame of mind it can make us more anxious thus making it even harder to remember the slightest thing. The film was Law Abiding Citizen by the way,lol . .and it took me over a minute there to remember it cause i was trying so hard.

Lucy xxx

Guest Arbitor

I think this is just another symptom of anxiety (as silly to others as this may sound) but when im anxious or when my heads full going round in circles with thoughts and i try to think of something e.g.I went to the shop the other night to get a dvd,just before i went in i remembered the name of it,when i went to ask the assistent what it was called i couldn't remember,it was like a mental block had just come over me and my mind wouldn't allow me to think or remember. It happens to me alot,mostly when im not having a good time of it (bad ocd,feeling anxious or down etc). I dont think you have anything to worry about. Its hard for our minds to concentrate on things,and sometimes the harder we try to remember something the harder it is to actually remember it,and when that happens to people in our frame of mind it can make us more anxious thus making it even harder to remember the slightest thing. The film was Law Abiding Citizen by the way,lol . .and it took me over a minute there to remember it cause i was trying so hard.

Lucy xxx

:clapping: :thumb up: That sounds like me :laugh: :whistling: Thanks for the kind words.It`s amazing you should say that about anxiety and feeling down,as my anxiety has been the worst it has EVER been the past few weeks,and i feel depressed again.So i guess that is what it could be. thanks. :thumb up: