Radio 4 programme about OCD

Sorry, I don't have many details but I heard the end of the advert for this on radio 4 this morning and the programme 'check up' is going to have as one of its topics OCD. It is on Thursdays 3-3:30 pm. Today was Raynaud's syndrome, next week is chronic pain but they definitely said that OCD would be one of the programmes so this is just a very advance FYI 'cos I don't know when it's going to be yet! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest direwolf

What did people think ?

I thought it was quite a good programme but it was crying out to be an hour long.

Good to hear advice from a professional & quite a few scenarios covered.

It can only help us if the profile of OCD is raised yet again.

Guest patsy

It didn't cover my particular OCD but I thougt it was quite good overall. I have mainly pure 'o'

As you say direwolf, it could have done with being on for longer.

Good to hear advice from a professional & quite a few scenarios covered.

It can only help us if the profile of OCD is raised yet again.

36869[/snapback]

It was good and will raise awareness but again I thought David made a couple of negative comments which are true to some extent but does not apply to all sufferers. For example I think he said "if you dont get help you wont have a job", whilst this is partially true it is a very negative thing to say and many sufferers are able to work whilst having OCD.

It didn't cover my particular OCD but I thougt it was quite good overall. I have mainly pure 'o'

36872[/snapback]

But did anybody call in or email them about this type of OCD? Don't forget for all these shows it does require somebody to get involved with this type of OCD.

However I am delighted to announce that on Mon 5th March at 5pm to 8pm we will have a live webchat (via main website, not chatroom in here) with Prof Paul Salkovskis where you can pose Pure 'O' questions.

He will be answering questions with OCD-UK's Nathalie Davenport so the responces will be a mix of professional and sufferer. Details to follow over the weekend.

Guest patsy

36872[/snapback]

But did anybody call in or email them about this type of OCD? Don't forget for all these shows it does require somebody to get involved with this type of OCD.

36875[/snapback]

I wish I could have been brave enough :blushing: Even my son wanted me to call in but I couldn't bring myself to do it :(

Guest direwolf
However I am delighted to announce that on Mon 5th March at 5pm to 8pm we will have a live webchat (via main website, not chatroom in here) with Prof Paul Salkovskis where you can pose Pure 'O' questions.

36875[/snapback]

So we've missed it then :tongue:

I presume you mean Mon 5th April.

Guest Creative Cat

Hello,

I'm sorry to be so ignorant here, but I was not following any previous posts about this topic. I saw the post by "Beth J" that she is completely better now and am wondering what type of treatment she received? I saw something about Channel 4 participant....and some links to a BBC website. I clicked on it....If I listen here will I find out how she got better?

thanks,

Marie

Hello,

I'm sorry to be so ignorant here, but I was not following any previous posts about this topic.  I saw the post by "Beth J" that she is completely better now and am wondering what type of treatment she received?  I saw something about Channel 4 participant....and some links to a BBC website.  I clicked on it....If I listen here will I find out how she got better?

thanks,

Marie

36902[/snapback]

No Marie, you will need to tune it to Channel 4 late June to see the show, it will be 2 one hour episodes.

36872[/snapback]

He will be answering questions with OCD-UK's Nathalie Davenport so the responces will be a mix of professional and sufferer. Details to follow over the weekend.

36875[/snapback]

as a mainly pure 'o' sufferer, i've volunteered for the media thingummy on the main website. I still have huge doubts as to how pure 'o' would be portrayed by the media...

given the poll results 'The types of OCD', there's quite a number of pure 'o' sufferers on the board....maybe it's time for a few of us to try and be braver...

Just listening to this right now on 'Listen Again' - sounds good, with a fairly understanding host and Dr Veale saying the right stuff. Well done Radio 4