Checking the kitchen

Hi everone

I have a problem with checking that the cooker is off in the kitchen I check it a lot befor I go out and doubt that it is off. I walk away and say to myself "It is definitly off and be confident" but a few seconds later I doubt is off and go back and check it. Tomorrow I am going away for a week and I have to make sure everything is off in he house andy tips for coping with this. I would be most grateful for any help

Blessings

Ron

Guest shane1

Hi everone

I have a problem with checking that the cooker is off in the kitchen I check it a lot befor I go out and doubt that it is off. I walk away and say to myself "It is definitly off and be confident" but a few seconds later I doubt is off and go back and check it. Tomorrow I am going away for a week and I have to make sure everything is off in he house andy tips for coping with this. I would be most grateful for any help

Blessings

Ron

Hi,

my name is shane. My advice to you is do not check. the checking is the compulsion. If you ignore the need to check, the thought will leave. Trust me, i used to need to check a lot but now i do not check. My pshycologist tought me this and it has worked really well.

I only check the cooker is off when i finish cooking and thats it NO MORE.

Eventually these thoughts will leave forever.

Shane