automatic soap dispenser for home

Hi

Has anyone seen the recent advert for the soap dispenser that you don't even have to touch to dispense the soap?

"No more touching the germy soap bottle!"

No wonder the world is a "scary" place. How much hype does the germy environment we live in need??!!

I have severe contamination phobia and do not take this sort of thing lightly, especially if it has triggered off yet another area for concern for others.

However, come on! Whatever next will come out to scare us even more!

Even if I were to touch the top of the soap bottle, the next thing I am doing is washing my hands! If this seems a ridiculous over caution to someone like me with contamination issues, then I am going to be really interested to see how much of this product sells.

Am I on my own with this or does anyone else find this a bit OTT??

BQ

Guest Gemini

No you're not on your own. I don't have contamination worries but I think these products are intended to prey on peoples' fears. A few germs are not a bad thing. Experts tell us that kids who grow up with family pets and all the germs and dirt they bring with them, are generally healthier than those wrapped in cotton wool.

Guest legend

The more cleaner we are, the more we are prone to ill health.

It really does my nut in bq...... like the ad that says it kills 99.9% of all germs .....what about that .01 % ocd loves that doesnt it...!!!

but that aside, i get so peeed off with the over zealous cleaning bull thats rammed down our throats,

its no wonder that the amount of fear thats banded around, that it makes people so anxious.

The worlds gone cuckoo if you ask me

legend

Hi BQ

Ive got contamination issues but for goodness sake that soap idea is rediculous, it will be interesting to see if people actually buy it??

Red

Guest Gemzywemz

I saw this and thought "oh...what a good idea..." and then I thought "Nooooooooooo" thats awful! Im currently trying to battle my way out of very severe contamination OCD and this is something that I would have loved but I can see that in reality its only going to make me worse if I was to purchase some.......so none of the damn things will be setting foot in my house!

Hi

MY 15 year old daughter does not suffer with contamination issues with her severe OCD but sooo felt for you guys that do, when she saw this ad. She was cross that it must make it really hard to put the evidence against which is taught in CBT into practice when the advertising buys into the OCD so directly. The Companies involved should be made very aware of this, and should be prevented from advertising in this way. I feel the whole thing needs adressing, I mean touch free soap dispensers, anti bacterial liquid to add to the wash and the never ending sprays, where will it end!!! Keep strong you guys!

Edited by Gina