Hi.

Guest Heryn

Guest Heryn

Hello,

I've been reading the forums for a few months now but only just thought I'd better post. I was diagnosed with OCD at the beginning of this year and God, it feels good. :)

I've had it for years, and have suspected it to be OCD (that is, when I thought I wasn't losing my mind/a psychopath/deserving of everyone's hatred.)

I actually just saw my psych -- she's very encouraging -- "You've your whole life ahead of you", "You've done the right thing in taking the first step towards controlling it", etc. I feel like I won't be going around and around in circles any more as I have been, which is definitely a good thing. :) (But then again, what if I hadn't said anything? sayeth my OCD... Psych also said that I have to "Stop feeling so guilty." Yeah, it's easy for you to say... :))

Been prescribed tablets, but am a bit wary of parents' reaction.

Anyway, I'd better go-- have something to do this aft and this place is getting busy...

Best,

Heryn

PS. I have also written some poetry, if you'd like to see it... I noticed a lot of OCDers on here do the same. How about a fundraising booklet, or something?

Hi Heryn,

Welcome :lol: . It's always nice to see new members on the board. I hope it will prove helpful for you. The other members are really nice: lots of good listeners and support :lol: .

Your psychologist sounds really nice; I don't think it can be over-estimated how important seeing the right person (for you) is.

By all means share your poems with us - we did have a Poetry thread but I'm not sure where it is these days. I'll try and push it up the list.

Take care

whitebeam

Guest tangoblu

Dear Heryn

Hi and welcome to the site :lol:

What a positive and encouraging first post :lol:

Really glad that you decided to seek help - it is a brave and great first step in helping to combat OCD.

Being a parent of a ttenage sufferer, I can say that knowledge is power and if you are worried about your parents' reaction perhaps you could direct them to this site, to the family and friends forum and to the main web pages which hold a wealth of information.

Please feel free to post your poetry and I think it is a great fundraising idea to publish a collection of poetry.

Take care

Pam

Guest Heryn

Hey,

Thank you both for your replies. :lol: I'm not feeling too encouraging or positive at the moment, however -- don't particularly want to go into detail, but have had some problems today with benefits and an angry parent who hadn't had their anti-depressant and so ********* me out big-time for it, plus OCD was having its way in my head, as usual...

:) Everything's kind of back to normal now, though. Same old, same old, I guess.

I'm going to start a poetry thread of my own -- if I don't post it now I never will.

Hope you're having a good day. This keyboard is rubbish...

Heryn

Hi Heryn :)

Good days, bad days, indifferent days...it's the way it goes sometimes.

Anyway, you sound to have a good pyschologist and hopefully you can start to work on unmasking this 'Thing' and working things out.

Welcome aboard...poems great by the way :)

Caramoole