First day nerves

Guest Hunnibee

Guest Hunnibee

Hi

I am starting my new job tomorrow, and after 11 months of not working, at which my ocd has been at it's worst I am having a serious attack of doubt.

Every ocd related trait I have ever is coming back to haunt me... I realy regret taking the job and am so scared I don't know how I will get through the day.

I'm scared I will write something obscene in an e-mail, or soil myself because I will be even more nervous tomorrow, or I may be sick through nerves in front of everyone, or attack someone because I' too nervous to control any thoughts I might have...

Help... I need to take this job, it's too late to back out or I will have my visa taken away and be sent back to England, but part of me wonders if this would be better?

How can I overcome this?

Guest wobblebobble

Hello Hunnibee

Everyone is nervous when they start a new job, but unfortunately you have OCD and it has latched on to it. Stick two fingers up at it and go anyway, coz' I bet you a million quid that the OCD is wrong!!!

You'll regret it if you don't go.....

:hug:

Wobblebobble

xx

Guest katkin

Hi Hunnibee,

Just want to say Best of Luck on your first day tomorrow, we will be thinking of you! I'm sure you know it is just your OCD that is making you feel like you will do something terrible, not because it is actually going to happen.

Well Done for finding the strength to go back to work after 11 months, its shows you are determined not to let OCD get in the way and you should feel very proud of that :) Everyone feels anxious before starting a new job, but obviously your OCD is making it much worse - but you will probably find that things arn't as bad as you think they are going to be.

I went back to work in February after 4 months off and I found it helped with my OCD alot because it gave me something to focus on during the day. When I wasn't working I had a lot more time to ruminate and obsess over things, so going back to work has helped me alot. I really hope it will be the same for you sweetie. Let us know how you get on, and Good Luck!

Lots of Love Kat x

Edited by katkin
Guest shane1

Hi Hunibee,

My advice to you is to go and get the job and dont worry everything will be fine. Im a proffesional technical officer of construction and i suffer from OCD harm. Imagine what ive been through and still ive got a really high post in a Government job and earn a good living. Trust me, work will keep you occupied. Work keeps me occupied and OCD doesnt flare up as much. Dont worry, you wont write any obscene e-mails or anthing like that. I used to think these thin gs too, but by exposing myslef to writing at work i overcame this. If the OCD thought tells me to check(compulsion) what i have written in an e-mail or sent or filed etc i ignore it and eventually the compulsion leaves.

Hope this helps and good luck,

you make us proud

shane

Guest Fluff

Hi Hunnibee,

bless you i will keep my fingerc crossed everything goes well iam sure it will, first day nerves get most people and its the nerves that are making the ocd flare up, well done for going back to work you have to give yourself massive credit there and getting back into work my preoccupy you and take away from the thoughts and fears, I am sure you will find the stength for it to be ok. Lots of luck

F x

Guest Hunnibee

Thank you all for your lovely kind and supportive comments.

I forced myself to go, and it actually turned out to be a pretty good day. First days are always hard as you don't really know what's what, but it went ok.

I know I can wake up tomorrow and go to work, with far far less anxiety.

Thank you again, it's great to have this site for extra support when the ocd gets harder!

xxx :D :D

Guest **B**

Thank you all for your lovely kind and supportive comments.

I forced myself to go, and it actually turned out to be a pretty good day. First days are always hard as you don't really know what's what, but it went ok.

I know I can wake up tomorrow and go to work, with far far less anxiety.

Thank you again, it's great to have this site for extra support when the ocd gets harder!

xxx :D :D

I'm glad your day went well Hunnibee :) A lot of the time it is just taking that first step but then you realise it's not so bad as you thought it would be. I bet you're glad you went in!

Hope this job goes alright for you, its great you're back working!

Bx