One Song??

Guest Tommo

Guest Tommo

Hello,

I read a post the other day that asked if there was one word to describe OCD, what would you choose. This got me thinking about what song relates to the way i'm feeling about my OCD.

I came up with 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls as it has the line: "And I don't want the world to see me cos I don't think that they'd understand, when everythings made to be broken I just want you to know who I am"

What would anyone else choose?

Tommo :censored:

Guest patsy
I came up with 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls as it has the line:  "And I don't want the world to see me cos I don't think that they'd understand, when everythings made to be broken I just want you to know who I am"

34573[/snapback]

Brilliant song btw, Tommo!

What about

'And in your head do you feel

what you're not supposed to feel'

Oasis, 'Sunday Morning Call'

Particularly appropriate to sufferers of pure 'o' I think

Patsy x

Guest Sammyhostie

Thats a great song Tommo! Id never really related that line to OCD before, but its so true.

That Anastacia song "Sick and Tired" is good, "sick and tired of always being sick and tired" sums OCD up for me most days.

Hey,

Some of the lyrics in Nelly's 'Over and Over' remind of OCD,

And it hurts so bad, yeah

Cause it’s all in my head

I think about it over and over again

I replay it over and over again

And I can’t take it yeah I can’t shake it

Nooo

Ooba xx

Guest flower

i love the goog goo dolls, i defently agree with you :thumbup:

Hello,

I read a post the other day that asked if there was one word to describe OCD, what would you choose.  This got me thinking about what song relates to the way i'm feeling about my OCD.

I came up with 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls as it has the line:  "And I don't want the world to see me cos I don't think that they'd understand, when everythings made to be broken I just want you to know who I am"

What would anyone else choose?

Tommo  :censored:

34573[/snapback]

Iris by goo goo dolls is my favourite ever song because it hits a note with me. When I'm at school I have a copy of the lyrics in the back of my folder so if I get really down I can read it and hope someone else feels like me and someone will understand what I'm going through. It's like my mantra, except not quite.

And I don’t want the world to see me

’cause I don’t think that they’d

Understand

When everything’s made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t coming

Or the moment of truth in your lies

When everything feels like the movies

Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive

Those two verse sum me up especially 'And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t coming'. Because I struggle to cry and although I can't I know I partly need to but hardly admit it.

Beth

Guest Steviemfc

I associate my OCD with the Robbie Williams song 'Feel'

Come on hold my hand

I want to contact the living

Not sure I understand

This road I've been given

I sit and talk to God

Be he just laughs at my plans

My head speaks a language

I don't understand

I just wanna feel real love

Feel the home that I live in

Cause i got to much life

Running through my veins

Going to waste

I dont want to die

But I aint keen on living either

Before I fall in love

I'm preparing to leave her

I scare my self to death

Thats why I keep on running

Before i've arrived

I can see myself coming

I just wanna feel real love

Feel the home that I live in

Cause i got to much life

Running through my veins

Going to waste

Guest ScottOCDid

Hey Stevie, definitely with you on that one!

I like the song but had never thought of it in this context. Looking at the lyrics in B&W makes you wonder if Robbie wrote this about OCD?! :thumbup:

Cheers mate.

S

:censored:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Automated Alice

omg ~ was just looking for the lyrics to a song from ages ago by' The Beloved', and found my way to their official site, this song came on 'Deliver Me' and ive never heard it before, its so fitting to ocd/anxiety /depression i think ~

Guest Kitty

I know I'm always banging on about them to my friends on here and stuff but there's a song by The Smiths called 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out', which reminds me of my own OCD and is also one of the most beautiful love songs ever written IMO.

'And in the darkened underpass I thought/Oh God, my chance has come at last/but then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask'

God i never knew there was a Beloved Website!! I think the most appropriate song for my ocd is 'enery by The Happy Mondays. Its a bit of a ramble, but it was written by Shaun Ryder...

Spread your germs, spread your germs, pass your bug, spread your germs....

A strong strong strong medicine now wont put you right this time

Give it the attention that it wants

Give it the attention that it needs

Because this is quite repetitive i've concentrated on just these four lines. Thinking about it i cant imagine that anyone in the Happy Mondays suffered from ocd, or at least knew about it!!

See ya

Adam