My obsession wont go away

Hi,

recently I have been trying to get rid of my OCD and began practising the 4 steps which I find really difficult.

I have a had an obsession that I have hurt someone I have had no memory of doing this and know deep inside it is not true and that it is OCD.

But this obsession want go away and it has been here for more than a week I have tried all the things I can to get it away. But it seems so real and I feel that it is hanging over me and I cannot feel safe and relax even for a second.

I am a nice person and would not hurt anyone so I know logically it is rubbish.

But it will not go, any advice. Has anyone had obsessions that have stayed for a long time

Blessings

Of course you are a nice person and there are lots of people on here who have obsessions that have stayed for a very long time. Its great you are trying the 4 steps. Are you having any other help for your OCD?

Carol

Hi Carol

Thank you for replying it is really appreciated and you are a very nice person for saying this.

I have having no other help and it is only recently that my OCD has come back although I know it has always been there in the background.

Over the last month I have been trying to get rid of it finally I thought it was time and I felt pretty confident in doing this.

So perhaps it is this that has brought it back. I have also had neuralgia which manifested as pain in my teeth a sure sign that I have nbeen anxious.

So what do I do give in to it or face it head on like I have wanted to do.

I do feel it is is time to let go of it.

The question is do I have the strength to face it

Blessings

Guest Chelle

hi, punk donkey,

1 week huh!!!!a longtime, I couldnt help but chuckle, how about 4 years or 8 years? Now thats quite a bit of time. if you stop trying to undo it,it will leave you. i am sorry I didnt mean to make fun of your pain, its just that lately i am seeing ocd on the lighter side. all good. :clapping: we waste so much time, and that is sad. AND YES YOU ARE A NICE PERSON, AND NORMAL . OCD NORMAL :thumb up: YOU HAVE THE STRENTH TO FACE IT, START WITH SIMPLE MILD EXPOSURES AND RESIST DOING THE RITUALS. ALSO YOU CAN REASSURE YOURSELF COGNIVITALLY THAT ITS ONLY OCD.TAKE CARE CHELLE