I feel so helpless and High

Guest cerenbrackston

Guest cerenbrackston

Hi Everyone

I feel today so helpless and try to search private help and couldnt find anything and i found the andover comminutiy metal heath team..expaln that i feel like seizuirs,out of control..is that about the tablet or i dont know what to do..my hands feeling like shaking,stupid thought on my mind,big lamb in my throught...they told me if you think that this dose is too high for you go back the dose which u were on..how can i make this decision ...its up to dr to decide isnt it...

they said the nurse who deal with me going to give me a call..thats it..dont know what to do cant eat anything so weird i feel...

Guest whirlwind

sorry you are feeling so bad cerenbrackston, the first thing I would suggest is try some relaxation techniques - tense and release, put some soothing music on, breathing execises etc, while you wait for that call back from the nurse.

hang on in there

luv whirlwind x

Guest cerenbrackston

Thanks for helping me whirlwind.I put the music and try to be relax..i think all about the medication makes me so tender and cry..i spoke to my psychiatrist she said lower the dose..see what happends..nurse didnt ring typical..i need really private help if i can find..

Guest Beckett93

Hi cerenbrackston and I'm very sorry you're having such a rough time :thumbup: It will all be okay though. Some medications actually can make the anxiety feel worse while your body becomes accustomed to them and it can be really difficult, but you are doing fine and will get through this :) I remember I had a similar experience when I was on Paxil and again when I was in the early days of high doses of Prozac. It can be hard waiting for such a scary and weird feeling to pass, but it will. If you can, try laying on the couch under a nice soft blanket and treating yourself like you have the flu. Maybe see if a good movie is on television? It might be hard to concentrate on it, but just something pleasant in the background that you can turn your mind to every now and then. I wish you all the best and hope you get to feeling better soon :)

Hi Ceren :)

How long have you been on this medication, is it new or have they just increased the dose. If it is making you feel so awful, perhaps you should do as the pyschiatrist suggests and return to the lower dose for now.

If you do feel private treatment would help, you can ask your G.P if he can give you a referal to a Clinical Pyschologist which can usually be sorted within a few days.

Hang on in there, you'll be okay. Keep reminding yourself that although you feel strange this is probably a combination of OCD, anxiety and medication.

Stay strong Ceren, you'll get past this

Caramoole :)

Guest Evilme

Hey man hang in there I know how it is to be going through "the scales" (or doses) of different meds. Yes it is up to the doctor to know what dosages USUALLY work, the average dose if you will; HOWEVER, everyones body reacts to drugs differently! I, for example, have an extreamly high tollerance to medications and I have take up to five times the "average" dose (ONLY WITH MY DOC.S SUPERVISION AND OK!). They are there as a guide as to what is within safe tollerances but you are the most acute instrument the doctors have so when you're feeling "not right" your feed back will help guage the best dose for you. You may be on the other end of the spctrum than I with a lower tollerance and thus more of these effects you've described. The best thing is to have a good relationship and open communication with your doctors. If they don't respond to you're input there are plenty of others that will. I hope this helps. Hang in there. One other thing, take note of what you eat and don't eat. If you're supposed to have food with meds or wait can have various effects. Good luck and post more if you need help.