What has ocd taught you?

Hello

I wondered what has ocd taught you.

Good or bad things.

One good thing it has taught me is not to be so judgmental and understand that we don't always know what has gone on in someones life to make people act a certain way.

Not that I was a piratically judgmental person before.

But I use to always work very hard' but now I struggle becasue of ocd depression etc.

But I use to get frustrated when people didn't work as hard as me(although it was good for my self esteem becasue it made me fill like I was a better worker)

Now I know that things affect you and it' isn't as simple as people just being lazy.

Also the other day I was quite anxious and stressy and I wrote a post complaining because some people were getting away with thread bumping and mine got deleted.

Before perhaps if someone had wrote a post like that I would have though get a grip but when you in an anxious state of mind you do do things like that more.

So it has taught me some good things.

Chris

Guest obsessive compulsive

There's probably just as many good things as bad even if I focus on the bad. I wouldn't be who I was today without going through it, just like everything else I've experienced.

Guest Stella

I guess mine has taught me a lot about mental health problems, coping menchanisms and mental health services, plus the psychology I've done has taught me alot about reasoning etc.

Unfortunately it has taught me not to trust my own judgement :thumbdown:

first thing is that it taught me OCD exists(i didnt knew about it earlier), i know what it is when you have ocd,i can see how it impacts your life,you and everything.

showed me how strong i m, still surviving it. i get very sad and all that but i know whatever it is I have to live and not always be sad.

of course there are lot of negatives