Depression

Guest hayley73

Guest hayley73

:crybaby: Anyone out there find the mornings difficult? I hate that blah feeling when I get up in the morning. When I see my son of to school at 8.15am if I have nothing on I want to go straight back to sleep. I feel so yuck!!!!! The depression starts to lift during the afternoon and by the evening I'm usually on top of the world. I feel like I live my day in reverse. It's really getting me down. If my boyfriend rings me from work I try not to let on if I'm still in bed. I feel so ashamed. I'm on medication, Lithium and Seroxat. I have no energy. I'm only 31 years old, but feel for like 101 year old!!!!!! I want my life back. :huh:

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Hayley,

This topic has appeared on a few occassions before and the general opinion then was that depression/anxiety etc.. can often be worse in the mornings and wear off as the day goes on. So you are not alone on this.

Stevie

Guest tangoblu

Hi Hayley,

Perhaps it might help if you do something physical once you have seen your son off to school - maybe a walk, swim or something to give structure to your day - this would also help with your energy levels.

Just a thought :crybaby:

Pam

Guest raindancing

Hi.

I suffer from depression too and you're not alone on the whole mornings thing!! I wake up and think "Oh, not another day" and feel REALLY **** - but then it gets a bit better as the day passes, but I also get really lethargic and tired too.

I don't know what to suggest to make a difference, I know people say about exercise, but it's the last thing I ever feel like doing when I'm feeling naff, lol!

Just wanted you to know that what you describe rings very true and you're not the only one!

If you ever wanna chat, drop me a pm, I'm online at least once a day.

Best wishes,

'Chelle x

Guest cerenbrackston

Hi Hayley,

You are not alone honey,I have been suffering depression since 5 months and i changed 2 medication as well..my life is ups and downs...feeling sometimes out of control..best thing is push yourself to go outside,take walking even you feel ****..it works for me..and i have been suffering anxiety part as well..when the anxiety comes i try to fosus something else..i know its so hard..and very long way..but we will get trough this never loose the hope sweetheart..we are strong and when you feel a liitle bit better go to swimming as well..thats very good and exercise as well..i can understand hwne the concentration low..its hard to motive yourself..best to keep going outside and not to loose contact with outside sweety..

keep writing here makes you sometimes relax as well cause u see you are not the only one..lots friends are going trough this..

loves From Ceren To Hayley,

Guest Tommo

Hello,

I'm off work at the moment so may make a difference, but I generally feel better in the mornings and feel gradually worse as the day goes on. I think it maybe because when I wake up I haven't really had the chance to think too much, whereas as the day goes on my brain starts thinking in overdrive which can get me down.

I found that just going to the shops is a good boost as it takes my mind off things for a bit and brakes up the day.

Take care

Tommo :crybaby:

Guest hayley73

Thank you all for your replys. Its the tiredness is the worst. I feel achey all over. I need to have a little sleep come early afternoon just to get me through the day. My partner says I'm like mole under the duvet! I don't know if the medication is doing this to me or it's the depression/anxiety. Either way I've had enough. I have got a wonderful 11 year old son, a future step son aged 4 years old and a wonderful boyfriend. I just need the energy to enjoy them. :crybaby:

Guest Beckett93

Sorry you're feeling so bad hayley :huh:

Seroxat is an SSRI and those can cause drowsiness, but it can be a combination of the medication/anxiety/depression. Being that you are troubled, you may want to see your doctor and see what they think. As has been mentioned, a little physical activity might be a really good idea. Start small, a little walk of the mornings or just anything that interests you. Feeling tired and fatigued can make almost everything seem uninteresting, but try and think of something new that you always wanted to try and give it a go. You are recovering from an illness and to help with that recovery, it might be fun to do new things. It might not seem fun at first, but after a while, you might begin to enjoy yourself.

I hope you get to feeling better soon :crybaby: