dreading back to school

Guest red

Hey guys :)

sorry to bother you all again but I seem to be struggling again and as back to school is upon us my anxieties and worries are doing my head in :(

My little one start school full day next week and I really dont want her to go. I have other children and although Im going to miss them when they are in school its the little one im worried about. She nearly died when she was born and ever since (although i dont favour any of my children over the other) i feel as if i have to protect her from harm, incase something happens.

I have all sorts of thoughts going through my head like....what if a crazed gunman went into her class and shot her or what if someone grabbed her and took her away. i wasnt too bad when she was in nursery as the class is all locked up and i knew that she was safe, her new class feels so open so ocd and anxieties are having a field day with me, I know she has to go and people are saying to me.....I bet you cant wait for her to go to school? :doh: I cant stand it when they say that.

I have got a toddler who will be at home so I wont be alone when she goes to school but Im finding it really difficult and dont know how in going to cope with not being able to see that she is ok.

any thoughts would be apreciated.

Thanks guys

Red

hey lawrie

thank you so much for your kind words, she starts next wednesday :( i must sound like such a freak but i just want to always make sure that my children are safe, more-so with this little one as she was so ill when she was born. i know i'm over protective and wish i couls stop myself feeling the way i do.

you are totally right lawrie about accepting risks in life, i need to definitely take your advice.

Many thanks

Red

Guest Stella

Hi Red

They are so security conscious is primary schools nowadays - I'm sure anyone would be challenged well before they got as far as a classroom. My son starts school too and I'm really worried because of cleansliness (maybe not spelt like that!)- he'lll be everywhere and filthy, playing in mud and not washing has hands and I there's nothing i can do about it :( . The good thing is I know it'll be good for him and I want him to be a normal boy and so I know it's the right thing to do. As long as you know it's the right thing to do, then you're protecting to the best of your ability. Your daughter will gain so much from school that it's the right thing to do. It's safer than to have her at home and then not having the experience of interacting with her peers in that way. That's what I tell myself anyway! :)

Stella xx

Guest Joss Stick

Hi Red,

I.m speaking not as one who has OCD but as a "Carer"

I love my Wife to bits & will always care for her in every way I can.. :yes:

I feel you have a perfectly reasonable / normal response for feeling anxious about you youngster starting school.. Our Daughter is about to start her year 5 and is already preparing for the "future".. I & my Wife don't want to "wrap her up in cotton wool" but she has to get on with life.

Biggest problem is the "contact" & "expectations" on us as Parents. We both hate confruntation & some Parents can be so judgemental !!

Thank you so much Stella and joss for taking the time to reply it helps me so much to read other peoples thoughts and views on the subject.

I hope your children enjoy going back to school.

Thanks again

Red x

Hi butterfly :)

Thank you so much, you are a vey kind lady. To be honest reading your success story with your children and to know that you have been through this has just sent the tears streaming down my face, must be a mum thing :)

what you and lawrie have said gives me something to think about, as i havent really been thinking what my child would miss out on if she wasnt in school, i have been focusing more on the negative I suppose.

Your thoughts are greatly recieved and i really appreciate it.

Thank you so much

Red x x

Edited by red