i went to the doctors to day and she said...

Guest flower

Guest flower

i when to the doctors today, god i was so nervous but i manged to tell her what was wrong with me, she seemed to know alot about the disoder and she said that i have OCD and im going into theopy. to help me. im not sure wether to feel happy now i know whats wrong with me or sad becuse i have it. ive now got to tell my family but thats even worse than the doctors

Guest Sammyhostie

It took a lot of courage to go to the doctors and ask for help, and you should be very proud of yourself hun.

When I finally worked out what I had I felt relieved that I could put a name to it, and when I found this site I felt even better because I knew I wasnt alone.

I havent told my parents yet, and Ive had OCD since I was about 9! They know I have what they call a "habit", but are blissfully unaware what OCD is and how much it affects me and my life.

You can tell your parents in your own time, theres no deadline or time limit to tell the, just do it if and when you are ready.

Well done and good luck xx :whistling:

Hi Flower,

Think it's great that you have made progress. :whistling:

I agree with Sammy, don't rush into anything untill your ready. Absorb the news yourself first.

Anyhow, just wanted to say well done you!

Best wishes,

Deb :thumbup:

Hi flower,

I think it does help most people to have a 'label'; personally I found it comforting as I felt that if there was a named condition there must be treatment available for it.

I'm glad you're going to be getting therapy. Good luck with that.

Take care

whitebeam

Guest flower

ive already told my sister but telling my dad is the worst, i dint know how he would react. i think i will as you said wait until i feel ready. im still trying to take the news in, even though i had supected i had it maybe i was hoping that i didnt

thankyou lot for replying :lol:

It took a lot of courage to go to the doctors and ask for help, and you should be very proud of yourself hun.

When I finally worked out what I had I felt relieved that I could put a name to it, and when I found this site I felt even better because I knew I wasnt alone.

I havent told my parents yet, and Ive had OCD since I was about 9! They know I have what they call a "habit", but are blissfully unaware what OCD is and how much it affects me and my life.

You can tell your parents in your own time, theres no deadline or time limit to tell the, just do it if and when you are ready.

Well done and good luck xx :)

35229[/snapback]

ive already told my sister but telling my dad is the worst, i dint know how he would react.

35258[/snapback]

Hi Flower,

If it helps I can send you an information booklet which you can pass to your family to read so they understand it a little better.

If you want me to send you one, PM or Email me your name and address.

Regards,

Ashley.

Guest Dragonfruit
.........telling my dad is the worst, i dint know how he would react.

35258[/snapback]

I had the same worry you do - but he was absolutely great. He rushed straight to the internet to find out what, if anything, he could do to help me.

Just tell people in your own time - but trust your family to want what's best for you.

Guest ZiggyShort

I think as soon as you have the label you can proceed and get appropriate care, or do research into the condition. It's difficult to undertake a journey if you don't know where you're coming from :)

Guest Muse_Man

Well done,

Your are making good progress, one step at a time is fine, it will take time, and you will grow stronger over this time, you've got some of the hardest challenges out of the way, and things will start to get easier and make sense!!

So now you look back and be satisfied with what you have done :)

Stuart