Important Interview

Guest irritated

Guest irritated

Tomorrow is going to be one big struggle. I'm really anxious and worried cuz i have a job interview and i have to dress smart only thing is i don't have any smart clothesand i really don't want to go clothes shopping. I'm seeing my gp again tomorrow morning at 9:30am, then i'm goin to see another dr at park house which is my local nhs mental health service at 10:00am. I've thengot a really important interview for ajob at lyegrove house, badminton. I really want this job but i don't want to have rush out and buy an outfit just for one interview? All i've got to wear is my usual polo shirt,jumper, black trousers and some new brown shoes that don't go very well with them? I do have apair of black shoes which are one size too big though? I just don't want to go there tomorrow afternoon feeling uncomfortable and uptight. I don't want this :) obsession to ruin my employment oppourtunitys!

On top of all this i've got to find a new therapist because i don't trust the one i have now. This is ok but theyall seem to be really expensive (£65 p/hr!) Everything seems to be up in the air at the moment and my obsession is making things ten times more stressfull!!!!!!!! :help:

Guest Muse_Man

Hi there,

I understand you feel pretty frustrated that you cant get everything right clotheswise for these meetings and interview you are going to tomorrow, please remember the OCD is making it worse than it seems. Depending on the job interview employers do judge people on their appearance!

My only suggestion is popping down to the local charity shop at 9am or whenever you can before the interview, obviously you will find plenty of charity shops in all highstreets. You can pick urself up a nice cheap suit (usually under £10), make sure it suits your brown shoes, you can even use your black trousers and just buy a new shirt and jacket, or even just get a smart shirt and tie, all options would e smart. You will find they are in good nick and clean, it will be perfect for the one days use and it would better than nothing, and you are helping charity at the same time.

I just don't want to go there tomorrow afternoon feeling uncomfortable and uptight. I don't want this  obsession to ruin my employment oppourtunitys!

You obviously know that the anxiety and obssessions are getting in the way and the OCD is a problem, well, the more you worry about it the worse it will become. So please try to deal with one issue at a time...easy said than done....focus on your interview itself...try and distract yourself from these other worries, maybe if you have time do something you enjoy or relaxing before the interview like reading the newspaper, bit of exercise, watch a movie, get a massage, etc.

Make sure you get a good nights sleep tonight before your long stressful day, and make sure you are prepared for the interview the usual way .i.e. CV, answers to potential questions they will ask, etc.

GOOD LUCK!!! :) hope you get the job, do your best!! :lol:

Let us know how you got on

I've thengot a really important interview for ajob at lyegrove house, badminton. I really want this job but i don't want to have rush out and buy an outfit just for one interview?

35269[/snapback]

Like Muse_man suggested, you can pick up some very good quality suits from a charity shop, even if you only wear it once for this interview the cost of a suit at £10-20 from the charity shop is a bargain if you get the job.

Depending on the job if you look tidy and smart that is all that matters, I have been to interviews in smart trosuers, shirt and tie without a jacket. Think I even got one of those.

Best of luck with the interview.

Guest Dragonfruit

Depending on where you live another possibility would be a supermarket. Both Tesco and Asda (and I'm sure plenty of others) have some pretty good ranges of clothing at very reasonable prices and you can just pick them up with your groceries.

The most important thing is to be prepared for the interview. It is important to look right - but you also need to be in the right frame of mind. Like muse_man said, try some relaxation exercises and get a good night's sleep if you can.

Good Luck - let us know how you get on.

Guest Creative Cat

Hi Irritated,

I'm sorry that you are having a bad ocd time right now. Let us all know how your interview goes, okay? We'll be pulling for you!

Remember to SMILE (if you can) because that always makes a good impression. Even if you feel like you're acting -- most people feel like that anyway in an interview.

Just take things one day at a time. One challenge at a time. One ocd fear at a time. Also, try to go to one of OCD-UK's group meetings. I live in the U.S. and I would go if I could. It sounds like they have a great network there in the UK.

If you can, try getting a copy of "Brainlock". Its very helpful!

Take care,

Marie

:) Good for you that you're reaching out and trying for this interview!!! You deserve a pat on the back for trying!! Don't worry about the results -- there will always be many good jobs -- the important thing is that you are trying!!! :)