what do you think?

Guest Brainstrain

Guest Brainstrain

Hi everyone, sorry to waste a thread with this but I was just wondering what you all thought.

I haven't got it myself but have recently come into contact with someone who has. Do you think anorexia is a form of ocd? Or could be partly to do with it? After all it is an obsession to do with food and not eating and also body image, what do you think? I just struck me that the person I know could be going through a lot of the similar thoughts and compulsions I do but instead channeling it into food as a way of controlling it?

I'd be interested to know your thoughts?

Brainstrain :blushing:

Hi Brainstrain,

I think there are some similarities between OCD and eating disorders. I would think a lot of the thought processes do follow similar routes.

I don't know this - it just seems that way to me too.

whitebeam

Guest Kitty

Hi Brainstrain!

I would agree with whitebeam - there are similarities between OCD and Eating Disorders. I used to use food as weapon. It was the only thing I could control in my life and I used to obsess about calories, types of foods I was eating etc all the time. I knew I was too thin though, but just couldn't stop.

I think that the thought processes of OCD/Eating disorders are pretty similar.

Just my opinion anyway...

Love K

xx

Guest ScottOCDid
I think that the thought processes of OCD/Eating disorders are pretty similar. 

35686[/snapback]

:whistling: Reckon you're right as well, Queenie. I suppose the umbrella term "anxiety disorder" would mop up both of these conditions, and plenty of others besides.

S :blushing: