I found this optimistic

Guest curt

hey guys , I am back for awhile and am wondering how everyone is. I am ok, coping but ok. I have a question, I read yesterday on the NAMH (North American message board) that within the next 10 years they expect to have a cure for Schizophrnia. I think that is great , if they can cure that are they going to get to work on OCD and depression too. I am feeling optimistic. Any thoughts????

I am sure that one day a cure for OCD will be found, or at the very least a treatment programme that works for everybody.

Part of that is for us to continue to raise awareness with the medical community and government to ensure they continue to invest in the NHS and research. Actually, they don't really do any of that in this country at the moment but we need to kick start that.

Guest Muse_Man

Hi curt,

After having a few sessions with my therapist I geniunely feel the solution to overcome OCD is within me, but it will take time for me take control of anxiety attacks and compulsive urges, and unlock the reasons for them in my head. I have found this easier to do since Ive been able to calm down the complusions I carry out in an anxious situations. Obviously there are some things with the condition which I feel are out of my hands and I can do nothing about.

Sorry to be pessemistic, but I dont think in the near future there will one overridding or quick cure for everyone. But optimistically Im not dismissing this completely with the amazing advancement with medical science lately as you point out.

muse_man

Guys we can find a cure or better treatments in the next 10 years. What can I do to raise awareness in my community about ocd? I need to be a part of this, I really need to help out with this cause. We all deserve better . Please reply.