Me Having a Panic Again

Guest Dragonfruit

Guest Dragonfruit

I have to go to a big corporate meeting in half an hour.

It's being held in a conference centre in a big hotel.

It is totally irrelevant to my job and I really don't want to go.

The place is always full of people coughing and spluttering around you. And I mean FULL of people coughing and spluttering.

Plus the hotel in question - despite being a highly reputable one - is know for it's - shall we say - ladies of the night clientele.

I also have to go on a bus to get there.

My contamination fears are going through the roof and I just don't know how to handle it.

I know it sounds like a nothing - but last time I had to go to one of these meetings it took me an entire bottle of Dettol and four showers in practically scalding water before I stopped shaking.

I've asked my manager if I can be excused - but have been told I need to go.

Any tips on how to chill out a bit - without resorting to self-harm.

At the mo all I can concentrate on is how panicked I feel and I'm not doing too well. :whistling:

Thanks Peeps

Guest Kitty

Aw, DF

((hugs))

First of all, I think it would really help you to just take a few moments and practice some deep breathing. You sound panic stricken.

If I had to do what you're about to do I would feel exactly the same.

I think practically you need to do whatever you can to just get through this afternoon (and I don't mean SH, young lady :whistling: ).

Is there nowhere you can go out of the office for a few moments to just be quiet and collect your thoughts as best you can? That might help you initially... :blushing:

As for the other things you're going to be going through this afternoon - I'm not sure what practical advice I can give you, except to try and just deal with everything you're scared with in small bits - try not to rush ahead and think of everything all at once...which I know is difficult when you're panicked...

I'm sorry that's not much help - try the deep breathing first and see if that helps you calm down any.

Thinking of you, DF :dry:

Love K

xx

Guest Smudger

Sorry to hear that your so upset Df!

I agree with Queenie-try some deep breathing first of all.

I can't think of anything practical to offer in the way of advice, but you will be fine-you won't become contaminated by anything, I promise you. I know that sucks because it doesn't help with your ocd, but it's true-your ocd just wants you to believe that the worst will happen, and it won't.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I just hope that you can get through this-maybe turn it into a positive thing by proving to yourself that you can do it, despite what the ocd says.

Take care. :whistling: