alone?!

Guest scarednortheast

Guest scarednortheast

hi this is probably another feature of ocd but hey im scared im one of the only people that has such bad thoughts. please everyone who reads this comment as at the moment i dread going to bed and getting up as i have to face another day of torment. do people here think they wish hope want pray close famil members or people they most care bout to die? n they tell their self they really mean it? please reply it would be so appreciated.

Guest Crispie

Welcome to the club!! Glad you're here! I know it isn't the greatest circumstances, but it's a good place to learn about them! :)

I also have had intrusive thoughts since I was a kid. And now, most of the time, they are handled with my anti-depressant. But when they were really bad, I would picture myself even KILLING people I loved!! :) NOT that I EVER WOULD!! And it was VERY SCARY to me at that time, b/c I didn't have any idea WHY this was happening to me!

So, I'm glad you're here for that reason, especially. You CAN find out SO MUCH about what so many people go thru and see how much we are all alike in many ways. ittyk gave you some SUPER info, check it out!!

Best wishes!! Crispie

Guest scarednortheast

so people are having these thoughts? the same kind im not alone?

Welcome to the club!!  Glad you're here!  I know it isn't the greatest circumstances, but it's a good place to learn about them! :)

I also have had intrusive thoughts since I was a kid.  And now, most of the time, they are handled with my anti-depressant.  But when they were really bad, I would picture myself even KILLING people I loved!! :) NOT that I EVER WOULD!!  And it was VERY SCARY to me at that time, b/c I didn't have any idea WHY this was happening to me!

So, I'm glad you're here for that reason, especially.  You CAN find out SO MUCH about what so many people go thru and see how much we are all alike in many ways.  ittyk gave you some SUPER info, check it out!!

Best wishes!!  Crispie

35881[/snapback]

Guest patsy

You are certainly not alone, so please don't ever think that. It is so common with OCD to have these kind of thoughts. I have them all the time but have learned how to deal with them. Honestly, it can and does get better.

Patsy xx

Guest flower

i get intursive thoughts all the time. its like when im at the train station i have thoughts of people or me falling on to the line and dieing, etc. you arnt alone :) . i used to think i was but now i know whats wrong with me and that there are other people with the same problems as well. its nice to know im not on mu own, (sorry repeated my self, i have a habit of doing that :) )

You are certainly not alone,  so please don't ever think that.  It is so common with OCD to have these kind of thoughts. I have them all the time  but have learned how to deal with them.  Honestly,  it can and does get better.

Patsy xx

35893[/snapback]

Hi Scared :)

As you've already read, you are certainly not alone....I've had some corkers in my time, some that daft they're laughable.

As Ittyk said, I really would encourage you to buy a copy of 'Imp of the Mind' by Lee Baer (it's available here on the site) if nothing else it's a book that really shows you how 'normal' and common these mad, bad thoughts are.

p.s

The scariest part of OCD is when you know nothing about it, when you think it's just you. Finding this site and learning about it will be the best thing you've done. Knowing you're not actually mad but have a disorder suffered by tens of thousands, none of whom EVER act on their thoughts, will give you the stepping stone you need to work through this :)

Guest Crispie

Amen, to that!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Yep, we're all in the same boat, just have different windows to look out of! :lol2: Best Wishes!!--Crispie