College Worries...

Guest Kitty

Guest Kitty

Help

:help:

This afternoon I'm being observed at college by my supervisor. It's the second time this has been done - and - as usual I'm panicking more the second time around than the first.

I've just got so many 'what if's....???' going round my head this morning. What if my students don't turn up? (they've a habit of not doing...), What if my lesson plans are all wrong? What if none of my students understand what I'm teaching? What if I start panicking and and being able to speak without stuttering and faltering? I've got some horrid thoughts at the moment.

It's going to be harder to pass this observation - as they're seeing if you've implemented any of the changes they suggested in the first one. Plus they're looking to see if you're any better at teaching most importantly and I don't think I've improved any - I'm still way too nervous.

I've just got this horrible feeling it's all going to go wrong and I don't know what to do...

Ok, I'll :) now...

Eek :)

K

xx

Guest Steviemfc

Hi Queenie,

I am sure, like last time, that everything will go ok. My partner gets observed in her profession too (also teaching), so I know the panic/stress that you are going through at the moment.

Just take your time and do the best you can.

Good luck

Stevie

Guest scarednortheast

hey just to let u know, i wasreally well for a long time and managed to overcome my bad thoughts however i am at the moment having them very bad again. but reading your message i eflt i had to eply as i am currently on my pgce training to be a secondary school teacher, i only get one formal observation from my tutor at uni in the whole year and for me it was just over a week ago. i had not realsied before but perhaps the pressure of that is added to my reasons for goin like this again? would u agree? i hope i have helped u out here by sayin i understand the feelin n waht u r goin thru xxxx

Guest Kitty

Thanks for your replies, peeps!

I passed! :)

I got a good report and told to basically keep up the good work. I thought I was going to die at several times during the afternoon - my heart was going so fast and I felt really dizzy and anxious, lol. I got nearly all my students in, too - which was good and we managed to have a good session. They were really good and got some excellent discussions going.

I still feel really kind of pumped up now - my brain is going way too fast. Think it's time for me to go and chill our for a few hours.

scarednortheast - thank you for your post - it's good to know there's someone else doing a PGCE and has OCD too...I think that you could have been made worse by the observation you faced too. Your post helped me a lot, thanks! :)

Thanks again for your support, folks!

Love from K

xxx

Hey Queenie :) xx

Just wanted to say Good Luck for today :) , As others have said, Just do the best you can mate, I'm sure you'll do great :) :)

I'm probally a bit late with this hun sorry, Just wanted to say you CAN do it.

Take care

Love N

:)'s

Bluexx

Ooops K :) - I must of posted at the same time as you!!- Sorry hun!!.

Yay!! I'm so chuffed that it went well mate :):):) - Well Done!! I knew you could do it mate :) , Well done again!!.

Give yourself a big treat tonight :) - because you really deserve it :) .

:)

Love Bluexx

Guest scarednortheast

I passed! :)

I got a good report and told to basically keep up the good work.  I thought I was going to die at several times during the afternoon - my heart was going so fast and I felt really dizzy and anxious, lol.  I got nearly all my students in, too - which was good and we managed to have a good session.  They were really good and got some excellent discussions going. 

I still feel really kind of pumped up now - my brain is going way too fast. Think it's time for me to go and chill our for a few hours.

scarednortheast - thank you for your post - it's good to know there's someone else doing a PGCE and has OCD too...I think that you could have been made worse by the observation you faced too. Your post helped me a lot, thanks! :)

Thanks again for your support, folks!

Love from K

xxx

35937[/snapback]

well done im pleased for u - i think its all the adrenalin and everytrhing manifests in us and comes out in the form of OCD. i believe however in the long run it will make us better teachers as we strive to do well. well im pleased i helped if u want to discuss anything else related to this message me any time. mines secondary is urs? wel, well done again chick

Jayne xxxx

Guest ScottOCDid

I passed! :thumbup:

I got a good report and told to basically keep up the good work.

35937[/snapback]

Well done K!!!!! :thumbup::):thumbup::D

I dunno... the anticipatory stress that we put ourselves through... and our fears are always unfounded!

Hope you're enjoying the post-observation chillin'! :)

S :)

Guest roufie

well done queenie

I was observed on monday and i was so nervous (see my post), and then i had to do an interview and a presentation....made me sick couldn't sleep the night before..I think it just goes with the terrority and i did my PGCE 8 yrs ago.